When this card is opened, an accordion fold mini album "pops" out! There is space to write messages, place photos, and a space for a gift card as well. The whole card folds up for mailing, and is secured by a belly band! There is a huge WOW factor when you open this card!
Let's get started with the tutorial!
2. Cut another piece of the Toasted Nutmeg Cardstock to 3 1/2" x 10" and score at 2 1/2", 5", and 7 1/2". Accordion fold in a valley, mountain, valley pattern. Burnish score lines and set this piece aside.
3. Cut another piece of Toasted Nutmeg Cardstock to 3 1/2" x 8". Score on the short side at 1 3/4" and burnish. Unfold and rotate the paper to the long side. Use a ruler and pencil to mark the top edge at 2 1/4" and 5 3/4". Mark the bottom edge also at 2 1/4" and 5 3/4". Score an "X" using the pencil marks as a guide.
4. Fold the paper on the score lines to make a tent shape as shown. Burnish all folds. This piece becomes the pop-up mechanism for the card.
5. Working on the INSIDE of the card, cut two pieces of Classic Linen Natural Cardstock to 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"and attach to the top and bottom panels. Cut two pieces of Prima Vintage Emporium paper to 5 1/4" x 4" and attach to the top and bottom panels. Place Scor-tape on the back of the "tent" pop-up mechanism as shown.
6. Place the point of the mechanism just below the fold, centered at 2 1/8" from the left edge. Place score tape on the top of the mechanism as shown. Close the card to adhere the top panel to the pop-up mechanism.
8. Center the accordion fold piece over the pop-up mechanism and attach.
9. Cut four Classic Linen Natural Cardstock panels to 3 3/8" x 2 3/8" and attach to each panel of the accordion mini. Cut four decorative panels from coordinating decorative paper (Prima Vintage Emporium, Stationer's Desk, and Time Traveler's Memories) to 3 1/4" x 2 1/4" and attach to each panel.
10. Stamp a sentiment with brown ink onto a Classic Linen Cardstock rectangle and mat with Toasted Nutmeg Cardstock. Attach the sentiment to the top panel as shown. Use a die template to cut a gift card holder from Prima Vintage Emporium paper. Stamp a message across the bottom of the gift card holder with brown ink. Attach the gift card holder to the bottom panel.
11. Fold the card closed. Work the mechanism a few times to make sure it opens and closes smoothly. The accordion portion will "twist" and fold down into the card.
12. Use distress inks to color a sheet of Prima Vintage Emporium Watercolor Paintables paper. (Use Carved Pumpkin, Aged Mahogany, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey.)
13. Create a belly band to hold the card closed. Trim Toasted Nutmeg Cardstock to 1 1/2" x 11" and fold around the card, securing the band at the back. Layer a piece of Classic Linen Cardstock cut to 1 3/8" x 10 7/8" over the top of the band. Cut one strip of Prima Vintage Emporium paper to 1 1/4" x 6" and a second strip 1 1/4" x 4". Splice the strips together and layer on top of the band. Use a die cut template to cut "thanks" from Toasted Nutmeg Cardstock and glue the word to the belly band as shown. Slip the band over the card for mailing.
Thanks for looking!
Flavours Gourmet Toasted Nutmeg Cardstock
Classic Linen Classic Natural White Cardstock
Prima Vintage Emporium 6x6 Collection Kit
Prima Vintage Emporium 6x6 Watercolor Paintables Cardstock
Tombo Mono Multi-purpose Liquid Glue
Patterned paper: Prima Stationer's Desk, Time Traveler's Memories
Ink: Ranger Distress Carved Pumpkin, Aged Mahogany, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey; Memento Rich Cocoa
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Thanks All Ways, Reverse Confetti Thanks
Dies: Sizzix Thanks, My Favorite Things gift card pocket. Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles
Border punch: Fiskars