Sunday, July 16, 2017

Summer-time Altered Notebook

Welcome to another Conie Fong Art and Design inspiration project! Every new image I color makes me fall more in love the Conie's art. The faces of her sweet images are just precious. For my inspiration project this month, I decorated a notebook with the image that I colored.
This image is called Moonflower Lullaby. I have seen her colored in many variations, but I wanted to color her for summer. Plus, I wanted to give her dark brown hair. Dark brown is more difficult for me to color than light hair, mostly because my very dark markers tend to "go sticky" on me! I am determined to master the things that are difficult for me, including using my DARK markers!

I gave Moonflower hot orange and blue flowers and an orange dress. She is certainly ready for the hot weather!  
I printed the image at about 5" tall, which makes it big for a card. I am a little tired of making HUGE cards, so I went in another direction. I found a brand new, never used notebook in the closet and decided to alter it! (You have no idea how hard it is to find a NEW notebook in this house! I find lots of partially USED notebooks, however!)

I cut out the image using a large circle die and then picked through my papers to find some orange. Do you know how hard it is to find orange paper that is NOT Halloween?! In my stash, it is VERY hard!  
I remembered that the Graphic 45 Artisan Style collection had orange and blue in it. And I was in business! I simply cut some paper, matted with black cardstock, for the front of the notebook. I added a zig-zag border and some orange ribbons.

I matted the image with a large scallop circle and a plain black circle. The "notes" label is made from chipboard, which I colored with a black marker.
Thanks for looking! For more inspiration, visit the Conie Fong Facebook Group!   

I am entering my card into these challenges:

Crafty Friends Challenge #62 - Floral (closed)
Really Reasonable Ribbon #167 - Anything Goes with Ribbon (closed)
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #486 - Ribbons/Bows (closed)
Craftaholics R Us Challenge #27 - Summer (TOP PICK)
Craft-Dee Bows July Challenge - Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow (closed)



Digital stamp: Conie Fong Art and Design 
Moonflower Lullaby
Copic markers: Skin/Hair/Eyes: E000, E00, E04, E11, E21, R20, R22, B34, B37, B39; Hair: E27, E43, E47, E49; Dress and flowers: V09, V17, YR02, YR07, YR68, Y0000, Y00, Y11, B32, B34, B37, B39, YG01, YG03, YG05
Other marker: Bic Black Mark-it
Printed paper: Graphic 45 Artisan Style
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers Smooth Midnight, Hammermill 100# Digital Color Copy White
Dies: Spellbinders Grand Circles, Grand Big Scallop Circles
Border punch: Martha Stewart
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon Torrid Orange Grosgrain (1/4"), Tangerine Grosgrain, Bluebonnet Baker's Twine
Button: stash
Chipboard alphas: Maya Road David
Adhesive: ATG tape, foam squares, Scor-tape, Ranger Multi Medium, hot glue
Notebook: school supply

10 comments:

  1. Gloria, thanks for sharing this lovely notebook cover design. It's inspired me to create a cover for several of my crafting notebooks. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thanks for sharing at Craftaholics R Us.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I love the way you have covered your notebook. What a great idea. Great design and love your coloring. Thanks so much for entering your lovely project into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a sweet notebook Gloria! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Really Reasonable Ribbon Anything Goes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, Gloria! What a fabulous idea. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Karen L
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this is lovely and your colouring is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just coming by to say hello and it's an awesomely colored image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Gloria... Thanks for sharing your altered note book with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your front cover is lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Floral’ challenge theme… hope you can join us next time and good luck in the draw.

    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Gloria, the colours are fabulous. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your strawberries look good enough to eat, a very yummy card.

    ReplyDelete