Friday, December 15, 2017

Authentique Christmas Box and Tags

Good morning I am up on the Authentique Blog today, with another fun Christmas project! I love to make pretty things, but when I make something that's pretty and also practical, that is a win-win!
Using Authentique Vintage Christmas paper collection, Authentique Colorful Christmas paper collection, and Authentique Spectrum Series Cardstock, I created a little storage box and eight (8) tags.
The eight tags come in four (4) different sizes. There is a tag for all of your gift wrapping needs! 
Plus, after you use up your tags, you can fill the little box with candy or other treats, or even a battery-powered candle. (The box is Graphic 45 ATC Book Box - Kraft.)  
I created little feet for my box from a few bingo tiles. They work great for this purpose! However, my box must have been a little bent because it was wibbly wobbly! I had to add a few punch-outs of cardstock under one of my little feet to keep the box from wobbling. 
If you wish to give your "box o'tags" as a gift, simply attach another tag to the back of the box!  
To me, there is nothing better than hand-made gift tags (or cards or bags, for that matter). I used paper, images, and stickers from the Vintage Christmas and Colorful Christmas paper collections to decorate my beautiful, hand-made tags. 

The back of each tag is plain, covered simply with paper from the Spectrum Series Cardstock. If you wanted to use the box of tags as a mini album you could place photos on the back of each tag! 

Two of the tags are 5 3/4" tall, two tags are 5 1/4", two tags are 4 3/4", and two tags are ATC size. The tags are Graphic 45 Regular and ATC Tags in kraft, and one To/From tag, also in kraft. I cut 1/2" off the bottom of two of the Regular tags, and I cut 1" off the bottom of two more of the Regular tags to achieve the various sizes. 

Here is a close-up view of each tag. 

For this tag, I used two different 12x12 paper patterns and an image from the Vintage Christmas 6x6 pad. The white paper doily and red ribbon are perfect for this snowy image. I added a few white sequins, a sparkly snowflake, two tiny bells, and some ivory string for decoration. The sentiment strip is a Vintage Christmas sticker. 
I used another doily for the second tag. I used candy cane paper, which matched the sweet image. A few of the stickers from Colorful Christmas have the same red and and green theme as Vintage Christmas. This time I added a flower cluster and some twine to the edge of the tag. I had a lot of "broken" flowers in one of my bins, so I added some gold and silver stamens to them, and glued several together to make Christmas blooms!
I love vintage Santa images! I paired the Vintage Christmas image with some of the paper and stickers, plus I added some white pearls to mimic snow. I tied a chubby bow and added a red jingle bell.
This image of the little girl baking cookies (from Vintage Christmas) is so sweet. I used the cookie paper from Colorful Christmas as my background. I then made paper "cookie" stars to decorate the tag. I also added a tiny baking tin filled with flowers, twine, and a mini cookie cutter to the bottom of the tag. I even added a tiny gingerbread man cookie (button)! 
This is my favorite tag of the set. I love the green plaid bow next to the striped paper. I placed a partial doily at the top of the tag, and then I added a sticker image as the focal image. I used some floral elements and a silver star charm.
I fussy cut this deer image (Vintage Christmas) and then used foam tape to pop him off the tag. It was fun to use the Colorful Christmas Rudolph paper as a background! I also added a chubby bow and a few other embellishments.  
The ATC tags are small, but adorable. I used the Santa sticker from Vintage Christmas and a stocking charm for this little cutie!
This last tag is also ATC size. I loved this vintage postage stamp image from Vintage Christmas. It went very well with the striped paper and sticker from Colorful Christmas! Plus, that red bow is so pretty! I cut the postage image out with decorative scissors and then sponged the edges with black ink. 
To use the tags on a package or gift bag, tie some twine or ribbon through the hole at the top and attach to your package. To use the tags as a mini album, string them onto a metal ring. Thank  you so much for looking!



Authentique Supplies: 
Vintage Christmas paper collection (12x12, Bundle 6x6 Paper Pad, Details stickers)
Colorful Christmas paper collection (12x12, Bundle 6x6 Paper Pad, Details stickers)
Spectrum Series heavy weight textured cardstock

Additional Supplies: 
Cardstock: CutCardStock Whip Cream, Canvas Corp Kraft
Tags: Graphic 45 Regular and ATC Tags - kraft, To/From ATC - kraft
Flowers:  WOC red and ivory rose buds, Petaloo velvet, misc. floral supply
Snowflake charm: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Stocking charm: Funkie Junkie
Mini baking tin: Prima
Pearls: Queen and Company Chocolate, White
Enamel dots: Simple Stories DIY Christmas
Bells: Darice
Gingerbread button and cookie cutter: Dress it Up
Snowflake button: craft supply
Sequins: Craft Medley
Metal circle charm: unknown
Bingo tiles: Tim Holtz
Ribbon and twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon Ivory Burlap String, Natural Burlap String, 3/8" and 5/8" Red SatinWhite Taffeta, Celery Green Plaid
Stamens: Wild Orchid Crafts Double Head Gold and Silver Pearl, Gold and Silver Spiral
Paint: Plaid Folk Art Wicker White acrylic
Glitter glue: Ranger Stickles Diamond
Dies: Cheery Lynn Designs French Pastry Doily, Tim Holtz Star Bright 3D, Spellbinders Stars Five
Tools: Creative Memories corner rounder, Stampin' Up circle punches, Provo Craft deco scissors
Adhesive: Scor-tape, 3M foam tape, Scrapbooking Adhesives by 3L foam squares, hot glue, ATG double-sided tape, Ranger multi medium

4 comments:

  1. Simply stunning!! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, this is such a creative project and so adaptable. I can see its use for other holidays and even special occasions. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete