Thursday, March 22, 2018

Really Reasonable Ribbon Easter Card

Hello, crafty friends! I missed out on the Really Reasonable Ribbon hop this month, so I asked if I could do a post later in the month, so here we are...later! 
I am using the March Ribbon Club, which is filled with spring! It is like a packet of Easter eggs! 
I wanted to color something to match the ribbons, so I chose this digital stamp by Power Poppy called Wreath: Succulents and Baubles. I colored the image with Copic markers, then added some sparkle with a glitter pen.

I had printed the image with the accompanying Christmas message in the center of the wreath, so I cut out the center of the wreath to remove the sentiment. I then stamped an Easter message instead! The Easter stamp is from a set by Taylored Expressions called He is Risen
I matched up three of the ribbons from the ribbon club: Garden Rose Swiss Dots Grosgrain, Sherbet Delicate Stitched Satin, and Turquoise Shimmer Satin. I created a giant, puffy bow for the card. This card will need a box or padded envelope in order to mail it! The card is 6 1/2" tall by 5" wide, which is an odd size, but I can make my own envelope and it will still fit in a standard-sized padded mailer. Win-win! 
The paper I used is from the Authentique Dame Collection. I used both 12x12 and 6x6 prints. It was fun to match up prints with the Copic colors I used for the image and the ribbons from the Ribbon Club Assortment. 

Thanks for stopping by!




Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies:
Garden Rose Swiss Dots Grosgrain
Sherbet Delicate Stitched Satin
Turquoise Shimmer Satin

Other supplies:
Paper: Authentique Dame
Cardstock: CutCardStock Flavours Gourmet Smoked Sea Salt, Hammermill Bright White
Stamps: Power Poppy Wreath: Succulents and Baubles digital image, Taylored Expression He is Risen
Markers: various Copics
Gel pen: Sakura White
Glitter pen: Sakura clear
Ink: Memento London Fog, Ranger Distress Spun Sugar
Button and twine: unknown

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is a stunning card I love the way you have used the ribbon it is so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous. That ribbon is the perfect colors.

    ReplyDelete