Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October CardMaps - Nostalgia

Hello, Friends! Today I am sharing another of the October CardMaps (from Becky Fleck at PageMaps)!
Here is the CardMap for today:
I love a square card! Square cards are like a mini canvas to me! This sweet sketch is loaded with possibilities! And yes, only I would share a Christmas card on Halloween! But I posted a "spooky" project last week, so don't fuss too much! {grin}
I have used this more adorable than words Christmas Collection from Authentique called Nostalgia. This sweet collection is pet friendly, but also has other vintage images. I chose to focus on this cute image of a puppy and kitten. Too cute for words!

The finished card 
is 6" square and has lots and lots of layers!
I used three styles of twine to make this loopy bow. I added some fun buttons and a silver bell. 
I decorated the inside of the card with more paper and a stamped sentiment. There is plenty of room to add a photo or a gift card, and a message.
I find that having a sketch to follow really helps me when I have crafter's block. What do you use to jump-start your creativity? 

Thanks for stopping by today. 


Twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon Cherry Divine Twine, red and white baker's twine (source unknown)

Printed paper: Authentique Nostalgia
Cardstock: WorldWin Black, Natural
Ink: Ranger Distress Festive Berries
Stamps: Verve Holiday Treats, Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames #9
Embellishments: my stash
Dies: My Favorite Things Sentiment Strips, Cherry Lynn Designs French Pastry Doily
Edge punch: EK Success
Adhesive: white glue, hot glue, ATG tape, Scor-tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares

2 comments:

  1. what a super cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This nostalgia card is so sweet, Gloria. The puppy is all! tfs

    ReplyDelete