Saturday, May 16, 2009

MOSD DESIGN TEAM CALL

Hey all you crafty folks! Midnight Oil Scrapbook Designs is having a Design Team Call! Visit the MOSD Blog and check out the rules!

I've been part of this amazing DT since January 2008, and it's been a wonderful experience. Thankfully, Alison is keeping me on the DT! I have been having a blast working with the MOSD products and am so happy that I get to stay on the DT for a while longer. I don't know when Ali will get sick of me and give me the boot, but for now...let the crafting begin!

Here is a small sample of the work I've done for this DT. If you've never seen MOSD products before, here is your chance to check them out. Or visit the website.

This is a 4x6 (approx.) clear album, of which I only used the covers. I made a desktop "file" of the PageMaps cards so that I could have all the sketches in one convenient spot.

This 12x12 Layout makes use of the MOSD Easter Stacker collection. Each stacker collection contains die cut borders or toppers and printed transparency overlays.

My favorite MOSD product is the Build-a-Book Wordbooks! Below are a few ways in which I used them.

This sample is a Word Book with clear covers. I spelled out the word "FAMILY" by choosing my own letters. Unlike other wordbooks on the market, MOSD lets YOU, the end-user, pick your OWN words to spell!

Here, I spelled out "WEDDING" and used two clear covers to make a wall hanging. Cute, right?! That's dh and me when we were just babies! LOL

For this 12x12 page layout, I used the word "DISNEY" to create a title page for our trip. You cannot get words like Disney, SeaWorld, or Legoland with other companies due to the copyright issue. However, with MOSD, you get to spell ANY word by buying each letter individually! This is a bonus if you have a child whose name has an unusual spelling!

For this book, I spelled out "DINOSAURS" and then used the poem from the Susan Boyanton book for my text inside the album! How cute is THAT!?

Another reason I love being on the MOSD design team is that Ali sends us product to "try out" from time to time. I ended up with a lot of "orphan" cover sets which I used to create home decor, greeting "cards," and scrapbook pages. Here are a few examples.

Wall hanging made from a 6x6 clear cover and a 6x6 shaped page from the Build-a-Book Perfectly Shaped page sets.

6x6 clear cover made into a "card."

12x12 clear cover made into a scrapbook page.

Seen enough?! Well, here is more! I love creating mini albums and MOSD is the place to go for clear, acrylic albums, as well as chipboard pages! Check these out!

This album is a 6x6 album with clear covers and shaped inner pages.

This Halloween mini is one of my all-time favorites! I used a combination of MOSD clear and chipboard pages, plus some shaped pages from another company, and a metal page I got at the LSS. The pages are all sizes and shapes! This album is jam-packed, lumpy, and just filled with eye candy! (Yep, that was me bragging a bit!)

This album is a journal and is also made with both clear and chipboard pages. Some of the inner pages are tags and envelopes!

Another cool MOSD product is the Stick-Ons vinyl stickers. These guys are so FUN to work with! I used the nail polish bottle Stick-Ons to decorate this mini pizza box! How fun!


To see these projects in more detail, visit the MOSD Blog. If you want your LSS to carry MOSD products, have them fill out the application on the main website. As always, thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate all your comments!

2 comments:

  1. W-O-W!!!!!! love each and every one...FAB idea with wordbook on a LO, love ur blog :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, Love your work! MOSD is lucky to have you on their team! Love your Page Map card cover. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete