Sunday, June 14, 2009

365 Cards - Cosmo Cricket Week - Sketchy Sunday

It's here at last! The long-awaited Cosmo Cricket Week at 365 Cards! I love Cosmo Cricket..the paper is wonderful and the folks at Cosmo are so fun. Their blog is a hoot to read! Cosmo is also very GENEROUS. Each of the DT got a complete paper crafting kit to work with! How cool is that?! I got Girl Friday. It's filled with sort of 50's retro papers and images. Very cool! So thanks Cosmo...you sure made my day! And thanks Pam for hooking the DT up!

Here is my card for Sketchy Sunday.

I did not use much paper. I just now realized that! But wait...the week is just starting! (wink wink)

I did use my brand new script embossing folder (Cuttlebug). I love CropStop, and Haylie Jo. She always hooks me up with the best stuff! Did you know, shipping on EFs is only $1?! That rocks!

I cannot remember where I got this flower. Petaloo? I had a whole pack of them, but this was my last one. I sprayed it with some Gloria Mist (my homemade glimmer mist). So IRL it sparkles!

Thanks for looking today! Also, just a family note: My daughter is taking her Confirmation test today! She's worked very hard for the past two years on her Bible class to be counted as an adult member of our church. The Confirmation Rite is next Sunday. We are very proud of her! She has such a strong faith in Christ and a heart for service. Please join me in wishing her many blessings!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! And many blessings to your daughter! I can look back and remember my own confirmation fondly, hopefully she will as well!

    And thanks for my blog award! :) You made my day with that one!

    ~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:59 AM

    How fun-a whole CC kit to play with:) (Have you seen the new Early Bird line?)
    Your card is gorgeous! I'm going to have to dig out my script folder now and create something. And all my CC papers too-LOL! And that Gloria Mist sounds mighty nice;)

    Your daughter is just beautiful! I know God will bless her tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria, this is a beautiful card. I love the Girl Friday papers and might use them this week on a challenge or two.

    Congrats to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card! Can't wait to see what else your kit will create!. And congrats to your daughter. She looks so sweet and happy which can be rare in young women now days. How blessed you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well your daughter is beautiful!! and i will add her to my prayers :D
    love your card for the sketch and Pam rocks hooking you all up!! dont laugh but NOW i know what Cosmo Cricket is!! so much to learn in so little time LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Gloria and that flower is beautiful!! Congrats to your daughter. She is just a lovely girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is lovely. Congrats to her for all of her hard work. Your card is very pretty. Love the flower that you misted with your own glittery goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Card!
    Congratulation to your daughter on her confirmation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card Gloria and the script embossing folder sets it off. Don't you love it? I have it but don't use it nearly enough. But all the embossing folders look fantastic on white card lol. Huge blessings to your lovely daughter Gloria.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card Gloria...LOVE the Girl Friday set :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to your daughter, love your card, and how lucky for you to be able to play with such a beautiful kit, love the flower.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to your daughter for all of her hard work. She's a doll!
    I so love your card today! And how lucky to have this great kit to play with!! I want one too...hehehe!!

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6:00 PM

    sincere congratulations to your daughter.

    Your card is stunning, and that flower is the best, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors, patterns of paper you chose

    ReplyDelete
  15. what priceless blessing you have right there in your children, gloria! And beautiful as the Lord can make them. Love your elegant card for the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  16. I scraplifted you... thanks for the inspiration! Here's the link if you're interested:
    http://jackappsouffle.blogspot.com/2009/07/argh.html

    ReplyDelete