Thursday, May 13, 2010

Apron Strings Designs Card Kit

Okey dokey, folks! Here are the rest of the ASD Card Kit samples. Now, as a DT member, I get one card kit every other month to design with, plus I get a discount on what I buy for each month...so I buy the Small page layout kit every month. But...some months I send Lori an email saying...."put that Big kit in my box, too, babe, and charge the card!" {grin} May is one of those months! I loved both of the page kits this month! So they are on they way to me...along with some goodies I saw in the ASD store. Gotta love fun mail, right?! (The small kit this month has Pink Paislee, Lily Bee, and KI Memories papers; the big kit has My Mind's Eye and Crate! Since I mostly make cards these days, that's a LOT of paper! woohoooo!)

Here are the cards from the All Year Cheer Card Kit. I combined several of the DCWV Retro papers for this card, then added that felt trim and flower. (Ok, Melody, stop laughing! See, I told my friend Melody on Tuesday that I did not like felt...sigh...)

I used the Carolee's paper for this next card. I turned it into a birthday card for my son, Jonah. His birthday is in August, so I am way ahead of the game! Oh, that's fake stitching around the edge. I drew it on with a pen!

This next card just uses up some scraps...and it's not my favorite card, but I like the colors.

Here is a close up of the tattered circle flower I made. Anyone can make these. You don't even need a circle cutter or a punch. Just trace something round and hand cut it! You are crumpling and distressing the circles, so who cares if you don't cut straight?!

This card uses some of the softer papers from the kit. I turned it into a Father's Day card for dd to give to dh.

There you have it! You can make all 7 of these cards using ONLY the products from the ASD kit! There is plenty of paper left over for more cards, but I tend to use 2x the cardstock as a normal person, so I ran out of that! If you want to add items from your stash, you can probably get even more cards! If you want to make my cards, each kit comes with step-by-step directions for each project! What a deal for $14.50!!!

Speaking of new paper - not only do I have a boatload of Graphic45 paper from that DT box but I also just purchased 6x6 pads of Pink Paislee Queen Bee, Cosmo Cricket Material Girl and Garden Variety; 8x8 pads of October Afternoon Road Map, Report Card, Fly a Kite, and The Thrift Shope; 12x12 sheets of Little Yellow Bicycle Clothesline, The Girls' Paperie line, and some misc. papers! And of course my ASD box is in the mail. So I should be set for paper, right? Oh, and my LSS club kit has Scenic Route, Little Yellow Bicycle, and October Afternoon! Oh the card I will make! hee hee

4 comments:

  1. oh i am loving the papers and your cards girl :) must not shop as i went overboard last week!!
    your going to be drowning in paper when all that goodness arrives :)
    have to go make room for all my goodies that are coming in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i come over to play? LOL...actually, I'm not kidding...lovely cards sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards. I used to live in San Diego. I miss the weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the bright colors on these cards!

    ReplyDelete