Monday, August 02, 2010

Thank You, Friends

Thanks to all of you who wrote notes and emails, sent cards, and prayed during this very rough time. The outpouring of love from all of you has been astounding. I appreciate your caring, from the bottom of my heart.

When tragedy strikes, you never know how you will react. I've been feeling the nudge of the Lord in a few areas of my life, and the tragic loss of my dear brother has opened my eyes to my priorities. I need to reorganize my priorities and listen to what the Lord is calling me to do. Rather, He called me to a job that I lost sight of. He's not called me to a new one, which means I'm supposed to be about the work he called me to 12 years ago! Namely, homeschooling my children and being a light to other homeschooling families.

That said, the Lord also created in me a desire to create. I won't abandon my creative outlet, but I do need to scale it back. So, dear blogging friends, that means that I've had to drop a few of my design teams, scale back on others, and for now, stop teaching papercrafting locally. I need time to grieve my brother, strengthen my faith walk and my marriage, connect with my children, and re-connect with my extended family. Since there are only 24 hours in a day, I need to scale back my crafting life.

I will remain on the following teams: Graphic45, CropStop, Apron Strings Designs, and 365 Cards. So, starting later this week or early next, I'll begin posting projects again. I'll start with Graphic45 CHA projects, since those were completed weeks ago. I'll be back on the 365 Cards schedule starting August 16th, then the CropStop and ASD schedules starting in September.

Again, thank you all for your love and support. I cannot possibly thank each of you in person, but know that I appreciate YOU!

I am also working on a special project to benefit my nephew, Ethan. I'll have more information on how you can help in a week or so.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back Gloria and I totally understand what you need to do for both you and your family. Take care and I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Gloria,

    Thank you so much for keeping us updated. You are such an amazing person and have such strength!

    I think it is wonderful that you are taking more time for yourself and for your family. What a fantastic decision.

    I'm also glad that you've decided to stay on some of your DT's and still will have your creative outlet.

    I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet brother. I know that his memory will live on through you and your family. Please keep us informed of the special project you're creating for your nephew. I would love to help in any way possible.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    xoxo,
    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you listening to the Lord :) your talent will be missed on the teams your stepping down from. can't wait to see the G45 items :)

    what?! no teaching??? now come on girl i am still waiting for my one-on-one class from the "master crafter" *snicker* :)

    love you and pray you are blessed and continue to grow in the Lord :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having gone thru this some 26 yrs ago when my husband was killed and my twins were only 3, I can completely understand your rethinking your life's purpose. I was determined to raise my boys against the odds and with the help of God, I believe they are the men they turned into for that reason. You hurt now but time will heal as you start to cherish the memory of your brother. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gloria...welcome back....here's to finding the perfect balance in your life...you'll know when you find it....hang in there girl...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gloria I hope you find everything you are looking for and some ~ reading about your brother and what you have been going through has certainly made me stop and count my blessings; reminding me not to take anything for granted.

    Sorry you have had to endure such a tragic event.
    hugs -

    ReplyDelete