Thursday, May 12, 2011

Canvases and Shadow Boxes, Oh My!

I had posted this the other day, but Blogger ate my post! So I'm trying to recreate this for you!

This is a group of canvases and shadow boxes that I made for Hampton Art Stamps. They are in partnership with Graphic45 so I was able to use the fabbie G45 papers and Hampton Art stamps! G45 has a nice write up on the G45 Blog this week, but I wanted you to have some extra details.

Part of my task was to use Clearsnap inks and sprays. What fun! This first canvas is 5x7. I sprayed it with a number of Smooch Spritz inks. After the ink was dry, I attached the altered G45 policy envelope to the canvas.


To create the fantastic dress form image, I placed a Hampton Art screen onto G45 paper and sprayed with the Smooch Spritz.


Layering is so easy with the G45 staples! I used both the paper and metal flower staples for this project.


To add color to the metal flower staples, I painted them with Smooch paints, then embossed them with clear embossing powder. (Be CAREFUL when you heat the metal flowers! They get HOT!)


I stamped some images, then fussy cut them and then added some Smooch Spritz and paint.
  The next canvas is an 8x10, which I turned into a frame. I covered the canvas with G45 paper, which I sprayed with Smooch Spritz.


I did a lot of layering again with the G45 staples and tags. Plus I used some stamped images.


Do you see the black and white rolled roses? Those are made from a glue dot and some G45 trim. You just stick the trim to the glue dot and twist and roll. So easy!


You can see that I stamped the lady image onto G45 text paper. It gives the stamped image the look of an advertisement.

I also made a few shadow boxes. This one is an 8x10 size.


This is an easy way to make some home decor. You just cover the back panel of the shadow box with some fabbie G45 paper, add a few bits and pieces and ta da!


I created a little montage with some vintage dress patterns and buttons and things. The rolled rose here is made with a Cosmo Cricket Gluber and an old dress pattern. I fussy cut the stamped image and pop dotted her to add some dimension.

This last shadow box is a 5x7 done in a travel theme.


The postcard is a vintage piece that I found in Vermont. I purchased 2 packs of these at a junk shop for a few dollars! What a find! I used a few stamped images to add to the vintage look, and placed some odds and ends inside to enhance the travel theme.


The cork is real, but not vintage. I found a bag of these corks at the craft store!

I hope you enjoyed this vintage altered art extravaganza!

2 comments:

  1. One creation more beautiful than the other ...

    Hugs Majo

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!

    so how was your trip??

    ReplyDelete