Thursday, June 02, 2011

Scrapbooks Etc Craft it Forward Blog Hop

The Spellbinders Team has joined Scrapbooks Etc. for a Craft it Forward Blog Hop! Spellbinders Paper Arts is a 2011 sponsor of Craft it Forward, and some of the DT is lending hand by creating projects for the June 2011 Project: Patriotic Thank You Cards!

From Scrapbooks Etc.: Make every day count! Our monthly reader challenge encourages scrapbookers to use their passion to do good in their local communities. For more information, click HERE.

I was so happy to be able to participate in this blog hop! My father and all four of my brothers have served in our nation's military. My father and younger brother were Army and my other three brothers were Navy. Those of you who read my blog regularly also know that my younger brother was killed last July. While he was not active duty military at the time of his death, nor was his death related to his military service, he was accorded a military funeral, with 21 Gun Salute. The flag that draped his coffin was given to his seven year old son.

Thanking our military is very dear to my heart! My family often adopts service men and women, and I regularly donate cards to active duty personnel. We live on the edge of a military base and our church supports the military in every way we can.

Here is the card I made for this hop! I hope it will bring a smile to the person who will eventually receive it!


Thanks for stopping by! Please hop on to Judy's blog, Creating...My Style to see the next card in the hop!

Supply List:
Cardstock: American Crafts Coffee, Stampin' Up Whisper White, Bazzill Pomegranate
Designer paper: My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Fly a Kite
Spellbinders die templates: S5-027 Labels Twenty-one, S5-028 Nested Pennants, S5-029 Nested Lacey Pennants, S5-045 Banner Basics Two, Presto Punch star from the starter set
Embellishments: mini patriotic bingo card from Jenni Bowlin Studio, seam binding from Lawrence Schiff Silk Mills, buttons from Buttons Galore and More, floss from DMC
Ink: Copic marker R29, Memento dye ink Rich Cocoa, Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk ink Chestnut Roan and Olive Pastel
Stamps: Waltzing Mouse Rescue Remedies Additions

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Gloria! Love how you used several of my favorite die templates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, as usual! Your work is amazingly detailed and always completed to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Beautiful....I love the sentiment....I also live close to a Navy Base....in fact my Grandfather and Father built it...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! Love all the layers and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card with a perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this card. The colors, the paper, the punches. It's awesome! I came from OWH. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gloria this is so beautiful - it's like a big nestie party! Love love love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the card. so much detail. one of my brothers was in the army while another was in the Navy. BTW, I love Archivers at Easton. I'm there at Table 7 most Fridays. I am there usually making cards for OWH.

    http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gloria,
    What a beautifl card. I love all the layers you have on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card I love the colors and shapes! I make cards for OWH and love blog hops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the layers and great details!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card!! The layers and the sentiment make it a perfect card for OWH Anyheroes cards. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a marvelous card! The colors and dimension make me wish I could see this in person. Thanks to your family for their military service and for supporting Opertaion Write Home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gloria - What a lovely card. It is simply stunning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete