Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Just Because...

It seems that Graphic45 had one of my cards up on their blog yesterday. It totally slipped my mind that I was "up" and I forgot to post, so here it is for you!
 

I originally created this for a magazine call, but they did not want to publish it, so I sent it on to Graphic45. I guess this is a reject! {grin} I used Curtain Call papers. For some reason I just cannot add color when I use this paper. I need to challenge myself!

For the front of the card, I attached one of the Graphic45 Envelope Tag Staples, then I attached an image form the Curtain Call paper to the envelope.
 

I used some small brads to attach a bit of Idea-olgy film strip ribbon to the bottom of the image. I think I am now hoarding 3 packages of the film strip ribbon! Love that stuff!


I stamped the greeting onto kraft paper and hand cut a banner. I'm not so good at cutting stuff by hand, but it seemed to work ok. I tucked a few of the tickets, cut from Graphic45 paper, into the envie. Tied on some ribbon. Done!


To turn this card into a gift card holder, I used some glue dots to attach a movie gift card to the inside of the card, then stamped a message below.


I hope this inspires you to make a card...just because!

Supply List:
Cardstock: American Crafts, Bazzill Basics
Graphic45 Paper: Curtain Call (Curtain Call, The Cinema, Applause)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Just the Ticket, Hero Arts Every Day Sayings
Dye ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Envelope: Graphic45 Envelope Staples
Ribbon: May Arts
Film strip: Idea-ology
Mini brads: unknown

5 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! What a great way to "package" a movie gift card - it all ties in together just beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, not bad for a "reject" card. Neat idea with the gift card inside. I LOVE it.......... with Love Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful theme card...I wished my rejects looked this good....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria, I love this card. And you always finish the inside of each card so beautifully. You are the queen of cards!

    ReplyDelete