Friday, June 01, 2012

RRR Challenge #49

Time once again for the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge! This week the challenge calls for a project with flowers, plus ribbon. SNAP! EASY!


I had stamped and colored this image months ago, and was waiting for the right time to use her. Then I created this sketch for Graphic 45 and thought...ok..let's use the image and the Once Upon a Springtime papers...


But, I realized that Graphic 45 has their own fairy stamps and it was not cool to use this image for one of my projects...but, with a bit of fussing it would be a perfect card for the RRR Challenge! Happy accident!


I made good use of my Spellbinders die templates. You can really see the embossing! I tied a bow with White Corsage Ribbon. One of my FAVORITE ribbons from the RRR Store. I have an entire roll of the white. See how it sparkles?!


I created a flower spray, and added some bits of the thin White Diamond Satin from the June Ribbon Club to mimic a corsage!


Love this cute little fairy. I colored her with Copics, and used the V and RV colors, which are so hard to match up! But...it worked out pretty well.

Make sure to drop by the RRR Blog and see what the rest of the DT made, and to enter the challenge!

Cardstock: American Crafts green; Copic white; Neenah cream
Designer paper: Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime Tiny Treasures, Woodland Fantasy
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Clearsnap Colorbox Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Ink Dark Cashmere; Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Yellow Citrus; Copic Markers
Stamps: Hampton Art Doodlebug Designs You Said It; Lili of the Valley Oh So Girlie
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon White Corsage Ribbon, White Diamond Satin
Die cuts: Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and Small, Labels Twenty-two
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape runner; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; glue

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet, I love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flower cluster...and how light and airy your coloring is on this image. Super sweet!

    ReplyDelete