Monday, May 28, 2012

Halloween Layout - StopAndScrap.com

Hello, Bloggers! I have a StopAndScrap post for you today! I hope you stop by the SAS Blog, because the DT has new posts every weekday!

I have a peek at the NEW Graphic 45 Happy Haunting collection to share! I know it is early to be creating Halloween layouts, but when you are as far behind in your scrapbooking as I am, you need a head start! This photo is from a trip to the pumpkin patch we took in 2007. This is my daughter Laura and her friend, Kate. It was HOT the day we were there. As always, the pumpkin patch in late October is about 98 degrees...EVERY YEAR! Blah!

For my layout, I used some of the Happy Haunting papers, plus the chipboard elements and stickers! When I finished this layout, I was reminded of Mary Engelbreit's early work! The way I put the whole thing together just seems like I was channeling Mary E, just a bit.


I used a combination of American Crafts and Graphic 45 Core'dinations cardstock for my layers. I work to find the "correct" colors before I start working on my project. I pull out all sorts of things that I think will work together, and will work with the photos. It makes for a messy workspace, but it also makes me happy and creative!


The flowers are from Petaloo and Prima. I had a few leaves from the craft store that I sprayed with mist and added. I also tucked the various sticker and chipboard elements into the flowers. To give them added dimension, I first attached the stickers to some scrap chipboard.


I added a fancy pin from Webster's Pages into the top of the flower arrangement. The other sparkly bits are from a floral pick I had in my stash. If you look at your products for color, tone, and style, it is easy to mix and match various product lines into one cohesive project! It is my favorite part of crafting...mixing up various manufacturers to see what happens!
Cardstock: American Crafts Spinach, Black; Core'dinations Signature Series Graphic 45 Tuscan Sunset; Core'dinations Core Impressions Graphic 45 Timeless Houndstooth

Designer paper: Graphic 45 Happy Haunting: Enchanted Garden, Fright Night, Happy Haunting, Alphabet Stickers, Cardstock Stickers, Tags 2

Flowers: Prima, Petaloo

Floral pick and leaves: Craft supply

Pin: Webster's Pages

Ink: Clearsnap Smooch Spritz; Zig journaling pen

Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Glue Dots adhesive dots; white glue

12 comments:

  1. Great LO! I'm with you on the ME thing- the second I saw the title font with that border and those sunflowers and dots, I was asking myself, "Is that Mary Engbelbreit paper?!" Then I told myself to shut up and slow down, you've seen it before and no, no ME. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:49 PM

    Soooo pretty! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this page! I love that it is not very traditional colors for the pumpkin patch theme. Very well coordinated and put together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It's great to see that the paper collection has other wonderful images (like the sunflowers!) that can be used for Autumn projects that are not Halloween-related. And, it does make me think a little of Mary E!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Love the sunflower paper too! Awesome job Gloria. Very Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout Gloria, perfect photo too :-) C

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you...it does look like early Mary E (when she was my favorite!) Great layout with great paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just received this line from the blog contest and love this layout since I have pumpkin patch photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your layout (love ME too ! ) I love how your small details, like those corners just add so much to the layout. The papers are awesome, love your flower choice too !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page! Love all the flowers and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:10 PM

    Gloria this is fabulous in every way!

    ReplyDelete