Graphic 45 will be choosing one random winner from this week's blog comments and announcing them on the blog on Monday, December 24th! So be sure to leave a blog comment for your chance to win!
Several years ago, I created a flip album for a workshop project that I was teaching. The original design came from a Close to My Heart demonstrator in approximately 2007. However, all good things come back into fashion, and I have always wanted to make another one of these minis with an updated flair. I have never had the time, until now! The Graphic 45 Place in Time collection inspired me to give it another go!
I used adhesives from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L and Graphic 45 papers to create a Valentine's Day mini perfect for the sweetie my life!
The finished mini measures 6 x 6 x 3/4 inches. The basic construction directions are below. Once you have constructed the album, you are free to decorate it in any style you wish.
1. Cut (1) 6 x 12 piece of cardstock. Score at 2 1/4, 3, 9, and 9 3/4 inches.
2. Cut (4) 6 x 6 pieces of cardstock.
3. Attach 2 pieces of 6 x 6 cardstock to the 2 1/4 inch left flap at the 2 1/4 inch fold, sandwiching the flap between the cardstock. Repeat the process by attaching the other 2 pieces of 6 x 6 cardstock to the 2 1/4 inch right flap.
4. You will end up with a base page that is 6 inches tall and 19 1/2 inches wide. Score again at 6 and 6 3/4 inches from each end. This is your Album Base. Set this aside.
5. Cut (3) pieces of cardstock to 6 x 12 inches. Score each piece at 3 and 9 inches. Attach the three pieces of cardstock together by the 3 x 6 inch flaps to form a 6 x 24 inch section that has a center section with "doors."
6. Fold the two 3-inch center flaps towards the center.
7. Fold the 3-inch right flap in and fold the 6-inch right panel towards the center.
8. Fold the 3-inch left flap in and fold the 6-inch left panel towards the center. Now you have the Album Core. Once it is folded, it will measure 6 x 6 inches.
9. Attach the Album Core to the inside 6x6 center panel of your Album Base, by attaching adhesive to the back of the Album Core and placing it onto the center of the Album Base.
10. Fold the right panel to the center.
11. Fold the left cover panel to the center. (It may be helpful to label your “naked” panels and flaps prior to decorating.)
12. You may choose to ink all edges and folds.If you find that your album is getting too "lumpy" you may have to increase your spines. Mine are 3/4 inches, but there is room to adjust them if necessary.
Decorate the cover with images, flowers, and other embellishments. If you plan to make your cover very ornate, you may want to decorate it last so that it does not get crushed while you are decorating the inside of the album.
Use Ranger Distress Fired Brick ink to ink all of the edges and folds.
Use approximately 30 inches of ribbon, sandwiched between the back cover and the front cover flap to tie your album closed.
This album is fun, with all its folds and flaps. There is a surprise at every flip!
Below are the photos of each page of the album.
I combined the NEW Place in Time Collection with lots of older Graphic 45 papers to create this red and pink extravaganza! I used the My Stik tape runner from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L to glue everything down, and the 3D foam squares for added dimension.
The Place in Time Collection has a ton of images to choose from.
I used a hole punch to cut out this image, then glued it to a bottle cap.
There is lots of space for photos.
I created these glittery wings by inking chipboard wings with white pigment ink, then embossing with a glitter embossing powder. They are shimmery, but the glitter does not fall off!
I loved coordinating all the various papers and images. It was fun to just go crazy and create!
The Birdsong Harmony paper is the star of the show with the hot red and pale pinks!
This Saturday Evening Post image from the Place in Time January Cut-Aparts is my favorite image ever. I wish I had a pad of just that image!
I made sure to add journaling tags as well as photo mats throughout the album.
Postcards are my favorite vintage items. I love that all the newer Graphic 45 collections contain reproduction postcards. I used this one from the Place in Time February Cut-Aparts for my "door." I only glued it to half of the door, allowing the flaps to open.
Here is the left side open, which reveals the calendar image.
And the right side open.
With both "door flaps" open.
I trimmed down the February Foundation page from the 8x8 pad of Place in Time. I fussy cut the lower right corner and reattached it to form a photo corner.
I hope that you enjoyed my project. Continue on with the hop and see what the other designers have made, See the list below.
Graphic 45 TeamDec 17:
Gloria - YOU ARE HERE
Graphic 45 is a family owned and operated award-winning scrapbook and paper crafting company. We offer vintage inspired crafting products that capture the flamboyant style of the 1920's and 30's - with vibrant color, irresistible texture and imaginative design to create products with decades-old appeal that's both fresh and familiar. Let our products inspire your next scrapbook layout, card, album or home decor project.
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L(r) has been delivering high quality adhesives to the craft industry for 10 years. We focus on a complete line of rigorously tested and approved adhesives that are safe for all of your crafts. Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L offers a range of products from high dimension 3D Foam to strong permanent and repositionable adhesive dispensers, tabs and sheets, along with photo corners and other memory keeping adhesive products. We provide value in easy to use products in a
>> variety of adhesives.Follow our blog at www.scrapbook-adhesives.com/blog, and find us on Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest too!
Graphic 45 papers:
Place in Time: January, February, June Cut-Aparts, February Foundation Page 8x8, Calendar Foundation Page, Stickers, Chipboard
Baby 2 Bride: Unchained Melody, Endless Love
Domestic Goddess: Yours Truly, Simple as Pie
The Magic of Oz: Tenderhearted Tin Man
A Ladies' Diary: Chipboard, Stickers
Scrapbook Adhesives b 3L: My Stik Permanent tape runner, 3D Foam Squares
Cardstock: Bazzill Butter Cream; American Crafts Pomegranate, Black
Ink: Ranger Distress Fired Brick
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Odds and Ends
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Brads: Creative Imaginations
Flowers: Kaisercraft, The Paper Studio, Wild Orchid Crafts
Chipboard Clock: Teresa Collins
Chipboard wing: Maya Road
Glitter: Stampendous Kaleidoscope transparent glitter embossing powder
Sprays: Pro 31 Designs
Metal key: Tim Holtz Idea-ology
Punches: Martha Stewart heart border; Carl heart
Other: Scrabble tiles, bottle cap, mini lock, white glue