Welcome to Day 3 of the Couture Creations and Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock Blog Hop! Each day this week Couture Creations will feature two of the Design Team showcasing their projects created using Couture Creations and Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock products.
Plus, Couture Creations will be giving away a fabulous Couture Creations prize package at the end of the week, so be sure to play along and check back on Monday 1st July 2013 to see if you’re the lucky winner!
Here are the different ways you can play along with us –
1. Like Couture Creations on Facebook
2. Share this blog post on your Facebook wall and tell us you did on our Facebook
3. Follow our Couture Creations Blog
4. Comment on the CC Blog or on Facebook
5. Follow Couture Creations on Pinterest
Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock is also posting projects and giving away prizes, so be sure to check out their Blog and Facebook page, too!
Now, here is my fun project for the Blog Hop! I love gift bags. They are so much easier and faster than gift wrap, however they are expensive and often not very attractive. I purchase several different sizes of plain gift bags in bulk quantities and simply decorate my own to match the occasion.
The 4th of July is a big deal in America. We have celebrations, picnics, parades, fireworks, and all manner of fun! I have created a "Fourth of July" gift bag suitable for holding a small hostess gift, a bottle of wine, or some fun goodies for the kids to enjoy during an Independence Day BBQ.
My bag is a plain, kraft bag with handles and measures 8 1/2 inches tall by 5 1/4 inches wide.
1. To create the rolled flowers on the bag use Nested Circle Dies to cut four large and 4 small circles; cut two from decorative paper and two from Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered paper.
2. With a pencil, draw a spiral shape on the back of each circle. This does not have to be neat or uniform. The more "wonky" the spiral, the more interesting the flower!
3. Use the Piercing Tool to roll the circle into a flower shape. Roll the printed side (or the "good" side) inward. Glue the tail of the flower to the base and shape with your fingers.
4. Repeat for each circle.
5. Trim printed paper to slightly smaller than the bag front and adhere to the bag. Create a collage of flowers in the lower right corner of the bag as shown.
6. Using the Nesting Picture Frame die, cut one frame from Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Nostalgic paper. Sand the raised areas.
7. Trim the frame apart. Discard the sides, and glue the frame "top" to the bottom edge of the bag and the frame "bottom" to the top edge of the bag, as shown.
8. Remove the grommets from two Core'dinations Tags Darks (a medium red and a small blue). Emboss both tags with the Nuevo Embossing Folder (Fresh and Fun Collection). Sand the tags to reveal the pale core.
Please note: if you do not remove the grommet from your tags, you will damage your embossing folder!
9. Attach the tags to the handle of the bag with ribbon.
10. Stamp sentiment onto tan Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered paper with black dye ink and cut with a Circle Nesting Die. Attach the sentiment to the tags with foam mounting tape.
Thanks for joining me today!
ETS: Remember, if you "need" to purchase any of the lovely Couture Creations products, please check at CropStop and use my coupon code! Enter this code (SKGS-01) for 10% off your total order. No minimum order. Good on ANYTHING in the store, including pre-orders and sale items!
Couture Creations Supplies Used:
Circle Nesting Dies
Picture Frame Nesting Dies
Nuevo Embossing Folder
Couture Creations Tools Used:
Foam Mounting Tape
Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered
Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic
Core Tags Darks
Patterned paper: Bo Bunny Anthem
Rubber stamps: StampingScrapping Design Label Accents
Stamping ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon (May Arts)
Gift bag: Michael's Crafts