It is my day to post on the CSW Distributors Blog Team. I wanted to show you how to create simple cards using embossed papers.
When I collect a new embossing folder, the first thing I do is emboss it, using whatever cardstock I have close by. I also will emboss various types of cardstock to get a feel for how the impression will look with different weights and textures of cardstock. As a result, I collect stacks of embossed patterns! It is easy to pair these embossed prints together to make quick cards!
To create this card follow these steps:
1. Make a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch card from rust cardstock.
2. Emboss the mocha metallic cardstock with the Extra Loren Embossing Folder from the Couture Creations Elegance Collection.
3. Using the Couture Creations Sponge Daubers, rub the metallic embossed cardstock with rust ink. Trim the panel to slightly smaller than the card front.
4. Emboss the green cardstock with the Poetry Embossing Folder from the Couture Creations Elegance Collection.
5. Using the Couture Creations Sponge Daubers, rub the green embossed cardstock with green ink. Trim the panel to 4 3/4 x 3 inches and mat with rust cardstock. Attach to the left side of the embossed metallic cardstock.
6. Stamp sentiment with brown ink and cut out with the Couture Creations Rectangle Nesting Die
7. Mat the sentiment with a rectangle cut with the Couture Creations Scallop Rectangle Nesting Die. Attach the sentiment to the other panels with foam adhesive tape.
8. Wrap twine around the embossed panels and secure. Attach the panels to the card front.
9. Tie a button onto the card with more twine.
Thanks for looking!
(For wholesale orders visit the CSW website. If you need a retail outlet, visit CropStop and check out all the Couture Creations products that they sell. CropStop is affiliated with CSW Distributors.)
Couture Creations products:
Embossing folders: Extra Loren (CO723445), Poetry (CO723285)
Die templates: Nesting Dies Rectangle (CR900038), Scallop Rectangle (CR00039)
Adhesive: Foam Mounting Tape, Double-sided tape
Tools: Scissors, Craft mat, Precision Trimmer, Sponge Daubers
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers ColorMates Smooth and SIlky Deep Terra-Cotta, ColorMates Original Light Totally Tan, Elan Metallics Mocha
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Archival Tree Frog; Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk Burnt Sienna; Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa
Stamp: Stampin' Up
Twine: May Arts
Adhesive: Glue Dots adhesive dots