Friday, September 20, 2013

NEW! Kromekote Cardstock from WorldWin!

Today is my day on the WorldWin BlogWorldWin Papers has come out with a new line of cardstock, called Kromekote. This cardstock collection contains foil, glossy, and glossy textured cardstock papers. The cardstock is a heavy weight, perfect for embossing and die cutting.

I know, it may be early for Christmas, but....I need to get a head start on my cards, plus...look at this shimmery foil cardstock! It is perfect for the holidays!


I used the Kromekote Silver Foil cardstock for my card. I embossed the silver foil with an embossing folder, and then I gently rubbed the surface with a sanding block.


I used Copic markers to highlight just a few elements of the embossed image. I die cut a small scrap of the silver foil cardstock with a mini tag die template, and then I stamped the sentiment on it with Staz-On ink (which dries quickly on the glossy surface).


You can see here the "scratching" of the surface that happened when I gently buffed the raised images with a sanding block! It gives the card even more dimension.

I created the card and mat with ColorMates cardstock (deep emerald isle and deep berry red).


Thanks for looking!



WorldWin Papers:
Kromekote Silver Foil
ColorMates Deep Emerald Isle, Deep Berry Red, Heritage White (inside)

Embossing Folder: Couture Creations Cardinal's Wreath
Die template: Sweet and Sassy Stamps Mini Tags
Stamps: JustRite Deck the Halls
Ink: Tsukineko Staz-On Jet Black
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon 
Sanding block: Couture Creations
Markers: Copic R29, G16
Adhesive: Scor-tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing card, Gloria!! Love your work with the silver foil!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! The recepient will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of those fabulous vintage tin ceiling tiles...and that is a good thing! The little addition of color is perfect. You clever lady, you!

    ReplyDelete