Thursday, July 31, 2014

Come Sail Away...with The Rubber Cafe!



This is my last July guest post at The Rubber Cafe.  I am once again working with the July Creative Cafe Kit,  A Whole Water Fun. This time I have used the add-on stamp set, Sail Away With Me.


I really love nautical-themed stamps and papers. I am not sure why...as I don't like being ON the water! I have horrid seasickness! But, I do love LOOKING at boats, lighthouses, and water! So sad for me to live 8 miles from the ocean... {grin}

I made this card, which is suitable for a wedding anniversary or other "love themed" occasion!


I started out by creating a card from the Bazzill Basics Garnet cardstock from the July Creative Cafe Kit. The card is a standard, 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch card, with a top fold. 

I trimmed the fish scale paper from the 6x6 pad in the kit, to 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 inches.


I trimmed the sail boat paper to 4 1/2 x 4 1/8 inches. I traced the wave shape on the bottom of the paper and trimmed it out with scissors. Then I glued the sail boat paper to the top of the fish scale paper. I purchased those Kiwi Lane templates YEARS ago at one of the Expos, and have used them about 3 times. I had to DUST them off before I could use them on this project! I am SUCH a hoarder!


To make the washi tape (from the kit) a bit less "see through," I attached it to the off white ribbon from the kit. I then wrapped the "washi ribbon" around the printed paper, just above the wave shape. 

Now, my close friends know I don't like washi tape at all...but somehow, I have rolls and rolls and rolls of it. I really do need to learn to use it! I liked sticking it to the ribbon...I love ribbon. So now I have "washi ribbon"!


I attached the printed paper to the card front. Next, I stamped the anchor from the  Sail Away With Me stamp set onto white cardstock and colored it with Copics. I trimmed the image with a circle die template. I matted the circle with an inverted scallop circle die cut shape, cut from the garnet cardstock. I attached the image to the card with foam tape, lining it up with the "fat part" of the wave shape.


I stamped a sentiment from the  Sail Away With Me stamp set onto white cardstock, and trimmed it out with a banner die template. I attached the banner to the bottom of the card.


I then punched a tiny heart from the garnet cardstock. I also put the washi tape over the garnet cardstock and punched a second heart. I attached both hearts to the banner with foam tape.


I lined the inside of the card with white cardstock, ready for a message or a sentiment.


Thanks for joining me today for my "clean and layered" card! {Who says I am a one-trick-pony?!} 

Paper: The Rubber Cafe Creative Cafe July Kit of the month Echo Park Walking on Sunshine 6x6 pad
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Garnet from the kit; Copic Xpress It Blender Card White
Markers: Copic
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares
Embellishments: ribbon, washi tape from the kit
Tools: Spellbinders Standard Circles Large, Classic Inverted Scalloped Circles Large; My Favorite Things Die-namics Sentiment Strips 1; Carl heart punch; Kiwi Lane Designs Sentiments template 1B

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! I love all things beachy and nautical so you had me from the get go! The wonderful curve you built into the design reminds me of how fabulous your skills are....it's perfect for an ocean themed card. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME Gloria! LOVE the theme ... the design paper is fabulous and what a great idea to put that 'wave' design between the two! You are always so clever and I'm so glad you share them with all of us! FUN and FABULOUS creation!

    ReplyDelete