Saturday, August 02, 2014

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps - You Are Special

Good Morning, Sweet 'n Sassy friends! I am here with my first post as part of the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps design team! I will be posting a few times a month on the SNSS blog. Here is my cutie patootie card for today!


I have created a 5 x 5 inch friendship card to share with you. I used the NEW Birthday Word Art stamp set for my focal sentiment (and not to toot my own horn, but I designed the set and I am like a proud mama). I used the sweet One of a Kind set for the main image.

I found a pad of paper in my stash that I had only used one tiny piece from the 6 x 6 pad! It was the perfect shade of pink and blue for my project. (Yes, I color my images and then go looking for paper to match. It's just how my brain works. Plus, I often color images for fun, and then use them later..much later.)


I colored my birdies with Copic markers. I realize that the pink on my bird is not really matching my ribbon so well. It looked better in the studio! So much for my Ott Light showing me the true color! I also colored in the word "special" on the sentiment. 


I used a sentiment from the One of a Kind set for the inside of the card. I always decorate the inside!


Thanks for joining me today. Please drop by the SNSS Blog to see all the amazing work that the team does! 

Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Birthday Word Art (by Gloria Stengel), One of a Kind


Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Clearsnap Colorbox Pigment Robin's Egg
Markers: Copic
Pen: Sakura Gelly Roll White
Dies: Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small, Classic Scalloped Ovals Small, Labels Four Small
Designer paper: Authentique Flourish; Simple Stories Snap Life Just the Basics
Cardstock: WorldWin ColorMates Textured Twill Black; Copic Blender Card White
Ribbon: May Arts (pink silk); Really Reasonable Ribbon Pink Wrinkled Ribbon
Button: unknown
Floss: DMC white
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Glue Dots


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the design on this card Gloria and how the sentiment pops out from between the panels! Great coloring on these 'tweet' birdies and of course that ribbon is to die for! FABULOUS! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete