Friday, August 29, 2014

Country Rooster Card

Here is my last August project for Crafty SecretsLast week, I made a large, country tag (click HERE), on Wednesday I shared a gift card holder (click HERE) in the same country-vintage style! Today I am sharing a matching greeting card!


I love country prints, text prints, and roosters! Not in any particular order! So, I sure loved making this card! All of my background paper is Crafty Secrets digital paper from the  Vintage Patterns CD, Vintage Typography CD, and the Radiant Paper Collection. I printed the patterns at 8 x 8 inches onto off-white cardstock. I also rubbed the Vintage Photo ink onto the edges of the paper. I love the "aged" look. 


I printed the text digital paper (Vintage Typography CD) onto off-white cardstock, and then I stamped the chickens (from the Crafty Secrets  Farm Chicks Stamp Set) with black ink. I used Copic markers to color the chickens. I added a black line with an artist pen to make the rooster stand out a bit from the hen behind him.

I cut the image out with circle dies. They sure are "purty" chickens! Since I used a cardstock that works well with Copics to print my digital paper, and I printed the digital paper with my Epson color printer, I did not have an issue with the background paper bleeding! Win-win!



I added some lace, gingham ribbon, and twine, as well as a wooden button.


I kept the same kraft, cream, black, and red color palette as my other projects in this set. I did add the floral paper this time, to sort of mimic the fancy feathers on the rooster. I stamped the sentiment from the Farm Chicks Stamp Set onto off-white cardstock, cut into a banner shape. I also created a little red check banner. 


I added another red check banner to the inside of the card.


Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are enjoying my work with the digital papers! They are really wonderful to work with. I admit I was a HUGE skeptic, but now that I have been using them for a while, I am pretty pleased with the results. If only I had a 12 x 12 printer...


Here is a peeky at the matching large tag. See the post HERE


Here is a peeky at the matching gift card holder. See that post HERE.

I hope you enjoyed this Crafty Secrets post! Come back on September 1st or my next Crafty Secrets project! If you enjoyed these country-themed projects, you won't want to miss the post on Monday!


Crafty Secrets products:
Creating with Vintage Patterns CD 1
Creating with Vintage Typography CD 3
Digital Radiant Paper Collection
Farm Chicks Stamp Set

Other products:

Cardstock: WorldWin Kraft, Treasures Black; Neenah Natural White
Ink: Ranger Distress Vintage Photo; Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers: Copic; Faber Castell PITT Artist Pen
Lace, Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon Edna Natural Crochet Lace, Gingham (black/cream)
Twine: May Arts
Button: Maya Road
Die cuts: Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and Small, Classic Scalloped Circles Large; My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax and Layers
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Glue Dots; Scor-tape

3 comments:

  1. I simply love this! Typical Gloria style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this !! Great job on all of the projects here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this !! Great job on all of the projects here...

    ReplyDelete