Monday, October 20, 2014

Craft Hoarders Anonymous - Challenge #18

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #18 posts today!  Remember, you have two weeks to play in the new challenge, which closes November 2nd at midnight PT.

Challenge #18 Layer It!
One good way to use your hoard is to use lots of it all at once! So, let's see those layers! We need to see at least THREE layers on your project! (Ink, paint, embossing, and mixed media products do count as layers!) Drag out all of that hoarded paper or those embossing folders that are in the back of the drawer. Use those stamps, dies, and punches! Show us the layers!

It is pretty easy to figure out that when I wrote that challenge, I was being selfish! Y'all know how I love me some layers!


I finally cut into the Graphic 45 Come Away With Me paper pad that I have been hoarding. This is a pretty new collection, so it is not too wonderful that I de-hoarded it! I also used a lot of my hoarded coffee-colored cardstock!

I know that I have scrapped that photo before. I needed something fast in order to get my photos taken, so I just added the Tower photo with a bit of removable adhesive. I will eventually use a different photo from my Europe trip...if I find time to print more of the photos!


I tried to count the layers...there are at least 12 layers! More, depending on how you classify a layer! I matted each paper layer with cardstock to make the patterns pop. My "normal" scrapbook style is to have a very clean and graphic base to which I added the "junk." I love doing a layered base like this. It does used a whack of paper, however. One trick to save paper, is to cut the centers out! If you make paper frames for this type of layering, then you have the extra paper for another project. 


I used some flowers and a hoarded clock for this cluster. I love the shade of blue in this collection, especially paired with the cream and brown!


You can see a hoarded, metal compass rose peeking out of this cluster. I have a few of these that I have been hoarding. They are expensive, so I always resist using them!


I hope you had fun looking at my layered project. I sure had fun making it!

Read the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Rules are HERE. LINK your project up using the Link Tool on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog

Make sure you visit the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Design Team and check out what they have to share! 

Amber Milone

Christy Butters
Debbie Seyer
Donna Idlet
Ginny Nemchak
Pam Bray
Wendi Robinson

One talented participant will receive this prize donated by Lindy's Stamp Ganga $30 Gift Certificate to the Lindy's Stamp Gang store!



For more information about the design team and prize sponsor companies, and their links, please see the end of the Craft Hoarders post HERE.


Cardstock: WorldWin Smooth Cocoa, Natural
Designer paper: Graphic 45 Come Away With Me
Twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Ribbon: May Arts
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ink: Ranger Distress Vintage Photo
Die: My Favorite Things Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax
Clock: Sky Blue Pink
Compass rose: Tim Holtz
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and I love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning piece! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, this is gorgeous! You have got some talent! I love all of the stunning layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout Gloria! That collection has such beautiful colours, and you made them work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I haven't cut my Come Away With Me pads yet either. Maybe, this will be the day. Love your LO, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so strange to relate to the 'hoarder' in you, I didn't know there were others !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gloria, love your layout and all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so soft and romantic..and I love the black and white photo. The layers are fantastic. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an outstanding layout. Such beautiful layering. A delight for the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. I love your layers mixed with one of my most favorite places on earth. You so rock G45 papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:24 PM

    WOW, Gloria! What a FABULOUS page! I love everything about it - the layers, the texture, the photos! Fabulous!
    hugs,
    cathy

    ReplyDelete