Saturday, December 05, 2015

Craft Hoarders Anonymous December Blog Hop


Welcome to the Craft Hoarders Anonymous December Blog Hop! The Hoarders Crew has some amazing Christmas creations to share this month, and more!

My blog is the first blog in the hop! After visiting me, hop over to Debbie Seyer's Blog next! For the full list of Bloggers, see the list at the end of this post! Keep an eye out for Bloggers who are giving away Blog Candy!

I am still making Christmas cards...and I will probably be making them for a few more weeks! I NEVER start early, instead I wait until after we start our Homeschool Christmas Break, and then work like a mad woman to get cards ready on time to mail before Christmas! I make a few "special" cards like the one below, then I create an "easy to mail" version that I do assembly line style!


Since this is a Hoarders Blog Hop, I should tell you that everything on this card is from the hoard! Even the gift card on the inside has been in my purse for 2 years! I made a list:

Christmas 6x6 paper pads
Christmas images
Christmas stamps
Die cuts
Flowers
Rusty bells
Ribbon

So, the story on this card... I have a tendency to purchase very trendy products. I have a few friends who have a very clean and trendy style and they are like...why did YOU buy THAT?! But, I often see how to use these trendy products differently. The Sparkle die cut set I used on the card is a prime example. I fell in love with it...although all the samples I saw were ultra trendy! I just WANTED the set! I bought it and then it sat here and sat here...until today! 


The only NEW product on this card is the metallic paper that I used to cut out the word "Sparkle." I purchased a pad of the paper a few weeks ago during a class at a local store! Yay me for using it! {right??} I have hoarded a page of Santa images for YEARS. I finally cut into it! {gasp} I love vintage Santa images and have a hard time parting with them!


The glitter flowers have been here for probably 5 years. However, I recently purchased MORE of those in other colors, when they went on sale in the fall. {don't you judge me!} The thin, red and green ribbon...I just purchased some of that, only to discover I already had about 6 yards of it! Time to use it!


Another die set that I have coveted for ages is the "snowy hill" dies that I used to create the wave pattern on the card. I have some templates in that shape, but I hate cutting by hand. I finally purchased the actual dies a month or so ago, and yes, I got EVERY style they had...so I can hoard them!


I finished off the inside with more of the paper, and a hoarded Santa image from Graphic 45. 


That sentiment stamp is a very old Stampin' Up stamp. The glue that holds the stamp onto the wood block had...gone to a gooey consistency where the stamp was just slipping off. So, I unmounted it and stuck it to a clear block. Ta Da. If I wait long enough, all my wood mount stamps will un-mount themselves! 


I had cut some "mistakes" from the paper, so I used them to create a pocket to hold a gift card! I had fun using my stash! I hope you go away inspired (or at least amused)!

Now hop on to Debbie Seyer's Blog!

Make sure you visit all the ladies in the group. They have some AMAZING projects to share. A few of the gals may have Blog Candy to give away as well! 

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Blog Hop List:
Gloria Stengel (you are here)
Debbie Seyer
Ginny Nemchak
Pam Bray
Jacquie Southas
Glenda Brooks
Amber Milone
Donna Idlet
Bonnie Garby
Wendi Robinson
Teresa Horner
Kathy Clement
Barbara Rankin
Christy Houser

Cardstock: WorldWin Papers Black, Natural; Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Metallic Collection
Decorative paper: Graphic 45 Place in Time (December), Authentique Festive, Pink Paislee Father Christmas
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Sparkle and Shine Holiday Additions, Stampin' Up
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Fired Brick
Dies: Papertrey Sparkle and Shine, My Favorite Things Snow Drifts, Spellbinders Back to Basics Tags
Trims: Really Reasonable Ribbon Moss Green Gingham, Christmas Hot Trax Stripe Grosgrain 
Flowers: Petallo (velvet), Wild Orchid Crafts
Rusty bells: Darice
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares, Aleene's Tacky Glue, hot glue

13 comments:

  1. Love your card! I am inspired and also amused ! I saw myself so many times and had to laugh !
    Merry Cristmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fabulous embellishments to enhance that vintage theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you did the gift card pocket in this beautifully vintage card! The die cut sentiment is perfect, too! Gorgeous layers and details: classic and elegant, just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely. Love the embellishments too Elizabeth, really did this one up right. I completely understand the hoarding of papers and not wanting to use them, but there does come a time... Thanks for sharing this lovely project.
    Victoria, BC
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh love your gorgeous card and those pretty details on the top!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your vintage style card and I can certainly understand not wanting to cut up your vintage Santas sheet. I think we all tend to do that with things we just feel we can't part with for fear we will never see them again. The papers are awfully pretty too and those flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and gift card holder Gloria!! Love the vintage look with the pop of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this gorgeous vintage design and your story about the sliding wood-mounted stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not just amused but very inspired! How wonderful to hear your "stash" story (we all have them). I laughed at yours and thought about some of mine.......another story altogether! Your card has so much character (like the artist, I assume) and the whole thing just flows like your snowy hills die cuts! Your are just too cute for words. Oh yes, my stamps are falling off the blocks as well..............it is just a matter of time! Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a very lovely card , )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gloria, this is so pretty. I love vintage Santa's too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous gift card idea, love when a plan comes together and thankful when we find those pieces of paper that work so well together. Gorgeous Sparkle Card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful!! I love the snowy hills with the gift card tucked between!! LOL at waiting long enough and the rubber mount stamps will unmount themselves!!! :D
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete