Saturday, February 13, 2016

Really Reasonable Ribbon February Blog Hop


Good morning, Blogger Peeps! I am here with the Really Reasonable Ribbon February Blog HopYou should be coming to my blog from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog. (For the complete blog list, scroll to the bottom of the post.) After visiting me, hop over to Ginny's Blog next! 

Here is a peeky at the RRR February Ribbon Club Assortment. This one is called Gorgeously Green, and it is coming to you just in time for St. Patrick's Day cards and projects!


I admit that green is one of those colors I always find hard to work with. Don't ask me why. One of my children LOVES green, and my one older brother loves green so much that his whole house is green - green walls, green carpet, green tile, green counters...all shades of green! His mascot is Jiminy Cricket...because Jiminy is green! I can work with green! Nothing makes me rise to the challenge more than, well, a challenge! 

I had Graphic 45 Children's Hour on my desk, and decided to use the March papers from that collection, along with the March papers from Time to Flourish. I wanted to make another 8" x 8" card, only this time, I thought I would make more of a scrapbook folder posing as a card! I used several shades of green ribbon and paper, mixed with some pretty purple! 


I used the Apple Green Swiss Mini Dots Satin ribbon to make a loopy bow, which I hot glued to the card. I then made another bow with the Mixed Green Vertical Striped Satin ribbon. I tied a few charms to the striped bow with Iridescent White Metallic String (out of stock). I then glued the second bow on top of the first. Lots of bow yummy-ness! 

Once you open the "card" you actually get a scrapbook folder! I saw Kathy Orta's A Year in Review album and loved her use of Graphic 45 paper, and the folders that she used inside the album! (To purchase the directions for the folders, go to Kathy's site HERE. I used the folder directions included in Foto Folio 2, Style 5.) I decided to flip the folder upside down, change the measurements a bit, and turn it into one of my 8" x 8" cards!

The top section of the inside has two flaps. The March flap is a good space for some journaling. I used a bit of the Apple Green Swiss Mini Dots Satin ribbon as a "belly band" to hold some tags. That fabby horseshoe is from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts!

Open the flap and find space for a 6" x 4" photo. You can see another photo mat/journaling spot that I made from the Time to Flourish papers. I love that the two calendar collections match well together! 


The second flap opens as well. Both the flaps are a bit larger than 4" x 6".


The main section is perfect for a large photo, which can slip under the little post card image at the bottom.


The bottom section has a large pocket, perfect for tucking in photos or journaling tags. I used the Children's Hour Calendar Pad for the March pocket title. 


There is a photo mat that is slightly smaller than 6" x 8" tucked into the pocket. 


I covered goth sides of the mat with paper. 



Even the back of the card/folder is decorated! The purple print is the B-side of the March calendar page! 




I simply love how the green ribbon complements my green and purple scrapbook folder card! 

Thanks for stopping by today! Now, hop over to Ginny's Blog next!


Here is the RRR Blog Hop Order in case you get lost!
Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings



Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon February Ribbon ClubIridescent White Metallic String (out of stock)
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers Black, Forest Green, Deep Lovely Lilac
Designer paper: Graphic 45 Children's Hour (March Collective, March Montage, 12x12 Calendar Pad), Time to Flourish (March Cut Apart, March Flourish,   
Chipboard: Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Feeling Lucky Charm Set, Feeling Lucky Shape Set 
Ink: Colorbox Pigment Black, Moss Green, Turtle
Tools: hot glue gun, scoring board and bone folder
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape runner, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D foam squares, hot glue

20 comments:

  1. Lovely vintage feel and I just love the way you have used those ribbons.

    Hugs,
    Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful. Love the 4 leaf clover and horseshoe you added. The ribbon in the bow is beautiful. Love the green and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful. I think you rocked the green! I have always loved a green/purple mix and yours is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! This is flap-tastic, Gloria! What a clever and beautiful design! You've done it again, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects and the ribbon really finishes them off thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time I have viewed a scrapbook folder card - love job - like the green and elements used - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely divine, Gloria. Thanks for taking part in this ribbon lovers blog hop.
    Can't wait to see what's next,
    Sierra Winters

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous project, Gloria! Love the green and purple combo (one of my favs) and the charms are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty! Love the green and purple combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoy your projects Gloria. They are always so detailed and pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever scrapbook folder--love the green bow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful. I love the purple and green together and you ribbon cluster is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow i love this ! )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful, love the purple and green and the ribbon is just great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! This is so stunning and so you! I have never seen a card-folio before, but now I have to make one. This is just too amazing for words, my friend. You have outdone yourself again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gloria-gorgeous and love the use of the Graphic 45 paper and the RRR ribbon. What a fantastic tutorial and someone will be so lucky to have this. Such creativity and inspiration for all of us to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well for someone who has a hard time with green your project turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful! Love the mix of purple and green together!

    ReplyDelete