Thursday, March 10, 2016

Graphic 45 Cityscapes Easel Card

If you are looking for the CutCardStock Easter card, please click HERE.

The two best times of the year for me, crafty-wise, are January and July. That's when Graphic 45 introduces their new collections! I will admit, I get to see some of the new stuff ahead of time, but I still get giddy when the full winter and summer releases come out! 

Cityscapes is Graphic 45's newest travel-themed collection! It is a beautiful collection that combines the glamour of world travel with the practicality of maps, signage, and postage images.


I fell in love with this collection at first sight. The bold colors, vintage images, and beautiful patterns are perfect for travel albums, vacation layouts, and cards. I created a 6" x 6" easel-fold card, highlighting the wonderful postcard and stamp images of the collection. I used some word dies from my stash for the sentiment - Sending Thanks. 



I added some fun metal bits to make the card feel as if it is packed with travel ephemera and keepsakes. I had been looking for a way to dangle the G45 Ornate Metal Keys from my projects and finally found some fasteners with jump rings already attached! (I confess that...I have a large bag of keys to use. A few years ago, each design team member received two large, zip lock bags from G45, one full of keys and one full of key holes. I still have about a third of a bag of each! No matter how many I use, the bag does not empty! {spooky or awesome?}

I used spray mists to alter some flowers to match the paper colors and then popped everything off a black background. This is the perfect thank you card to send to your hosts once you return from a visit!



I "colorized" the metal word disc with some alcohol ink to make it match the Graphic 45 Ornate Metal Key Hole


Here is the side view of the card. When I make an easel card, I make sure to decorate all surfaces. When the card sits on a desk or shelf, I want it to be pretty from all angles!


Here is the fully opened view. Sometimes I put a gift card into the upper part...but since this card was destined for the trade show floor...no gifty!


And here is the back view, covered with those awesome stamps images! I am in stamp image heaven!

Thanks for taking a trip with me today! Enjoy all the new winter releases!

Graphic 45 Products:

Other Products:
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers Black
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts, Prima
Glimmer mist: Tattered Angels Halloween Orange, Coral Reef, Italian Sunset, Vanilla Breeze
Ink: Ranger Adirondack Gold Mixative alcohol ink
Metal embellishments: Tim Holtz ring fasteners, word trinket, brads
Die cut shapes and words: Simon Says Stamp word dies, Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and Small, My Favorite Things Stitched Circle Stax
Border punch: Fiskars
Ribbon: black wide grosgrain and orange sheer wired (from my stash)
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D foam squares, Ranger Glossy Accents, hot glue

No comments:

Post a Comment