Tuesday, August 23, 2016

8" x 8" Calendar Layout - August

Hello, Summer-time People! It is my turn again on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Blog. My project this week is a bit simpler than the past few have been, but I really love how it turned out!
I have been meaning to create a decorative calendar display for about 5-6 years! (I know, I know, I know!) Well, this is a page for an 8" x 8" display that I started last week! I shared the first page on Sunday. Click HERE to see that. (Do NOT hold your breath waiting for me to actually finish this before Christmas!)

At any rate, I combined the Graphic 45 Children's Hour and Time to Flourish collections to make this page. I do not really want a calendar, rather I want something that I can display on a side table or shelf that show the months of the year. My plan is to make a page for each month, and then display them each month. I will also need to make a storage box......
I used inks to "colorize" the Scribble Frame Birds and a bike from the Bicycles Shape Set.
To make the page, I cut dark brown cardstock to 8 1/4" x 8 1/4". Then, I added the August calendar page from the G45 Children's Hour 8x8 Calendar Pad. I wrapped the page with some red checked ribbon. I did not want the birds, so I cut the little birdie off the wreath frame and set her aside for later. I then glued the frame to the page.
I trimmed out the apple image from the September Time to Flourish Cut Apart paper and added that to the page. I used foam tape to pop the image a bit. I then added the bicycle with foam tape. (I adore that bike with its basket!)
I added the sentiment cut from the Children's Hour August Collective paper.
I glued flowers and some twine around the wreath and tucked a few postage images in.
I created a large bow and glued that to the bike.

I kept the page fairly simple. I need to keep in mind that plan to make 10 more of them! (Make sure you see my October page HERE.)

Supplies Used:
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts: Scribble Frame Birds and Bicycles Shape Set

Partner Products:
Graphic 45: Children's Hour and Time to Flourish Collections

Other: dark brown cardstock, flowers, ribbon, twine, ink (white, green, brown, red), adhesive tape, foam tape, glue

1 comment: