Sunday, August 21, 2016

October Calendar Layout for Cheery Lynn Designs

Hello and good morning. I am back with another Cheery Lynn Designs guest post! I had a great time creating handmade flowers for my project. I love making my own flowers, however it is VERY time consuming, so when I have a time crunch going I just grab the pre-made. I am super happy that I made my own for this project!
I adore the images in this paper collection, and I wanted to showcase all the purples and greens. I also wanted to participate in the current Cheery Lynn challenge (Challenge #236 - Doilies). I cut the doilies first, just to see how they would fit the 8 1/4" x 8 1/4" size I chose for my project. I cut the French Pastry Doily twice out of textured ivory cardstock. The doilies look better than the "real" doilies you buy in a pack! I love that I can cut them out of any thickness or color of paper!
I used the Small Gardenia, Medium Rose, Flourish Leaf Strip, and Mini Fanciful Flourish dies to create my flower and leaf clusters. I cut all the elements from textured cardstock. I don't think I have ever made flowers from a cardstock with this much texture before! They turned out very well! There is a doily behind those flowers, but I sort of covered it up with the lovely foliage!
I love the detail on the leaves and vines! Perfect for my pumpkin-y page. I added a chipboard number, colored with black ink.   
Thanks for looking! I will be back on August 29th with a new project! 

Remember, the winner of the current challenge will be chosen randomly. They will receive $20 towards shopping at the Cheery Lynn website. The challenge will end on Wednesday afternoon August 31st at 15:00 Eastern time. We will also showcase the Top 3 picks from our Design Team.


Cheery Lynn Dies Used:

Other products:
Cardstock: smooth black, Core'dinations textured (French Lilac, Spring Green, Sweet Apricot, Creme Brulee, Tuscan Sunset, Antique Moss, Bon Voyage)
Paper: Graphic 45 Children's Hour, Time to Flourish
Chipboard: Graphic 45 Happy Haunting, miscellaneous numbers
Ink: Ranger Distress Black Soot, Milled Lavender
Adhesive: ATG tape runner, foam squares, white glue

1 comment:

  1. Very very cute! I can't believe we're less than 2 months away from October already!

    ReplyDelete