Sunday, August 13, 2017

Really Reasonable Ribbon August Blog Hop


Welcome to the Really Reasonable Ribbon August Blog HopYou should be coming to my blog from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog. (For the complete blog list, scroll to the bottom of the post.) After visiting me, hop over to the spectacular Ginny's Blog next! 
Here is the RRR August Ribbon Club Assortment. This month the collection is called Autumn Harvest Assortment. My favorite ribbon clubs each year are the Christmas, Patriotic, Halloween, and Autumn assortments! The autumn ribbons for 2017 do NOT disappoint!
I chose to make a "ribbon stack," as I normally do. I know, I am less than creative with my ribbon use! I simply love stacking the various ribbons together to achieve a new look. This time, I stacked the Natural Crochet Lace with the Kiwi Checkerboard Satin on top. I tied a double bow with the Moss and Cream Plaid and glued that to the stacked trims. I then tied a messy, loopy bow with Brown Burlap String and attached that to the bow. I topped the whole thing with a ceramic button.   
I decided to add several patterned papers and one large image rather than add a bunch of bits and bobs. The image is a digital stamp from Power Poppy called Pure Prairie Bouquet. (There is also a clear stamp version called Pure Prairie Spirit.) 

I printed the image at a whopping 5 1/2" x 6 7/8" onto 100 pound vellum surface paper. (Neither of my printers liked this super thick cardstock, but the Epson finally did the job!) 

I colored the entire image with Prismacolor Colored Pencils. I am not very skilled with the pencils yet, but I do love how some of the flowers turned out! I will keep trying and keep learning.
I created this as a folio card, which is 8 1/2" x 8 1/2". I put white cardstock on the inside so it can be used during Thanksgiving as a memory folio. Each person in the family can write what they are thankful for on the inside and the folio card can be displayed on the table. 

I am entering my card into these challenges:
Power Poppy Power and Spark August Challenge: Mix and Match (CLOSED)
Crafty Friends Challenge 64 Anything Goes (CLOSED)
Crafty Creations #347 Anything Goes (Closed)
Crafty Girls Corner #135 Bingo #4 (Closed)

Thanks for stopping by today! Now, hop over to Ginny's Blog to see what she has for you!


Here is the RRR Blog Hop Order in case you get lost!

Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings



Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon August Ribbon Club (Natural Crochet Lace, Kiwi Checkerboard Satin, Moss and Cream Plaid), Brown Burlap String
Cardstock: CutCardStock Basis Brown, WorldWin Papers ColorMates Textured Cascata White, Strathmore Bristol Vellum Surface 100#
Designer paper: My Mind's Eye Boo to You Spooky Stripes, Echo Park The Story of Fall Dots and Orange Leaf, Creative Imaginations Double Vision November
Stamps: Power Poppy Pure Prairie Bouquet, Olive and Oak Extended (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Colored pencils: Prismacolor
Button: stash
Adhesive: ATG tape, hot glue, Scor-tape

15 comments:

  1. Love the bright colors, still summer-y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Gloria and what a fabulous coloring job. When I grow up, I wanna color just like you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Gloria! I love the bright colors mixed in with the colors of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love your flowers. You are doing a good job with your pencils. I love the lace and ribbons used together. Makes a great card and lookd terrific with your image. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, Gloria. I'd love to have you link up with us at Word Art Wednesday. We have some awesome prizes up for grabs, and it's always nice to have you play along.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring just gets more gorgeous all the time. I'm working on my colored pencil skills....but wow...you have it down, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card full of so many pretty colors! The ribbon is beautiful and I really love the little acorn button.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. I like the layered ribbons, your coloring and the cute acorn button.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely combination of prints, colors and textures! Gorgeous Fall bouquet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty! Love the way you mixed and layered the ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love your ribbon layering! Love the crochet ribbon. Your coloring skills look great to me. tjigo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Gloria… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!

    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, this is wonderful Gloria. Love the rustic, farmhouse feel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the papers used

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply gorgeous! Love your beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete