Wednesday, July 18, 2018

PageMaps and Authentique Team-up!

Good morning, Crafters! The Authentique Paper Design Team joined up with PageMaps for July! It is my turn to share my map (sketch) and what I created.
This was the card sketch that I was given. (Since I am not much of a scrapbooker these days, I asked for a CardMap.) I was told I could make anything I wished, in any theme I wished, except I had to keep the design in the horizontal position. Easy peasy!
This is the first card I made, using the Authentique Party Collection. The card is 5" x 7" and is designed as a birthday card! I pretty much followed the sketch exactly for this card.

When I use a sketch, I decide how many prints to use based on how the sketch is drawn. I also decide on the elements I will use, for example, this sketch shows some banners and a scallop border, which I decided to use. However, I did not use the "apples" but instead used a large sentiment strip in place of where the sketch indicated that some large, round embellishments or die cuts could go (i.e., the apples).
I added some sentiments from the Party Components 6x12 Die Cut sheet.
I also like to decorate the inside of my cards. There is space on the inside to add a gift card and a hand written or stamped message.

Now, I loved working with the CardMap so much that...I made a second card!
This time I used the Authentique Frontier Collection. I love this vintage collection and thought it would be fun to use it again. I modified the sketch a little, but kept the same key elements as before.

This time, rather than using the "apples" I used the bow embellishment and also the large image. Rather than the scallop border, I used the denim sticker strip. I used a ticket for the sentiment, but I kept the three banners, only this time, mine are quite small and just peek out from under the main image.
I added a fun burlap bow and a wood button to tie into the country theme. The inside of this card is blank and ready for a sentiment.

There are so many ways to interpret a sketch! I am going to try this sketch again, only I plan to rotate it vertically!


Thanks for joining me today! Make sure you check out what all of our PageMaps sketch projects during the month of July!



Authentique Supplies Used:

Party 12x12 Papers (Two, Three, Four, Five)
Party Components 6x12 Die Cuts
Party Details 12x12 Cardstock Stickers
Frontier 12x12 Papers (One, Two, Four, Five, Six)
Frontier Details 12x12 Cardstock Stickers


Additional Supplies: 
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers Black, Brown, Natural
Burlap ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon Center Stitch Red
Twine: red twine source unknown
Button: source unknown
Mini brads: source unknown
Dies: My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax and Layers
Border punch: Fiskars
Circle punches: Stampin' Up
Ink: Ranger Distress Black Soot
Adhesives: ATG tape, foam tape, hot glue

1 comment:

  1. Two fabulous cards Gloria, I especially like the fist one - fun papers and design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete