Wednesday, October 17, 2018

October CardMaps - Here Comes Santa

Hello, Friends! Before we get started today, I need to ask for prayer for myself. I am seeing the doctor today for an issue I've been having. I know that surgery is the answer, I just don't know how invasive nor when it will be scheduled, nor what my recovery time will be. So, I ask you to lift up my doctors and my family, and me as we get through this time. 

Today I am sharing another of the October CardMaps (from Becky Fleck at PageMaps)!
Here is the CardMap for today:
I hope you can forgive me for making Christmas cards in October! But, how stinkin' cute is this sketch!! So many ideas!
I have used this totally adorable Christmas Collection from Photo Play called Here Comes Santa by Becky Fleck. This collection comes with papers, stamps, dies, stickers, chipboard, and more! There is even a card kit! 

The finished card
is 5" tall and 7" wide. I am totally in love with the red plaid paper! 
I used some of the chipboard elements and some twine to make a layered element on the card. 
I decorated the inside of the card with more paper and one of the die cut elements. The die cuts are very thin, so they don't add a lot of bulk to the card.
Thanks for stopping by today. Maybe you can try some card sketches to make your Christmas cards this year!



Twine: red baker's twine (source unknown)

Printed paper, micro chip shapes, holiday card kit stickers, 6x6 pad, solids plus: Photo Play Here Comes Santa by Becky Fleck
Cardstock: WorldWin Black, Hammermill White
Dies: My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangles
Adhesive: white glue, hot glue, ATG tape, Scor-tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugs x hope all is well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers coming your way, Gloria.
    Your card is so beautifully crafted. like the plaid background to highlight your scenes. tfs

    ReplyDelete