Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Old School

The challenge today at 365 Cards is to make a card that has veggies on it. I did not have any veggie stamps, but I did find this super cute border stamp with garden stakes...with veggies on them! Now, this is where Old School comes in. This stamp is OLD, very old, from Stampin' Up. The copyright says 1996, but I am sure it is older than that. The red and white checked paper is even older - from Close to My Heart...perhaps from when they were still called Dots! Yep! Old School.

I know that my veggie image is not large or the central image on the card, but I did use veggies! And I really loved pulling out this old stamp set and giving it some love.


I printed the sentiment from the computer. I think I'm so clever to think that up! LOL Here is a closeup of the image.

And another.

Thanks for looking today! I know I'm way late getting this up, but better late than never!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect Gloria and that old school stuff worked wonders. . . what I want to know is How do you keep stuff around that long and still know where it is? he he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute and amazing how you hord items!! well at least you have vegies on your card! lol very cleaver saying :D and YES if you jumped off a bridge i would follow you as you would more than likely have all your paper and stamps with you and i would need to save them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. well Gloria...it pays to hoard :) your card is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, cute image and wonderful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so sweet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think the image is adorable! and i love that little bug too. Very Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:48 AM

    This is adorable! I love the stamp:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! i love the image. I love your coloring of it too. I love your sentiment and how you matted it. I just love this card, period!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute!! Love the border stamp!! I was lucky enough to be hitting the scrapbook store - I got veggie paper!! LOL couldn't believe they actually had some!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I would be right behind Rose on that bridge, a great take on this challenge and love those stamps and I dont care how old they are
    maz

    ReplyDelete