Thursday, June 11, 2009

Two For One

I managed to combine two challenges into one card again today. Today I did the Recipe Card Challenge for 365 Cards, and Sketch #90 for Mojo Monday. This is my first time doing a Mojo Monday challenge!

The 365 Cards challenge was HARD. We could only use the following ingredients: 4.25 x 5.5 card, solid background, 2 patterned papers, stamped sentiment, and 3 jewels. I made myself stick to the ingredients and the sketch...but it was not an easy task!

I did use the solid background for my sentiment, plus one of the papers I used twice. I turned the Mojo sketch sideways. This card is way too simple for my taste.

The cardstock, stamp, and ink are all Stampin' Up, the printed paper is Close to My Heart, the circle dies are Spellbinders, and the rhinestones are from Michael's Craft store.

10 comments:

  1. wooow. love your papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:54 AM

    I think it is a great card, I love the way the stamp is tops turvy and the way you put the card together, it kind of looks like it is spinning, I love the effect. wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on today's challenge or should I say both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - great manly card, love the sentiment and papers.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colours in the papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Gloria. I'm with you on the simplicity bit cause I thought my card was just a little bit too simple lol, I like more guts in a card!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. for some reason the recipe today inspired a lot of simple cards. I like this one. it's great! of course I am a simple girl ; ) Lovely job with both challenges

    ReplyDelete
  8. well Pam will be so proud of you for sticking to the rules after last week!! LOL wonderful card for both challenges :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely fabbie gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure made this look easy! Great job with each challenge!

    ReplyDelete