I ended up using some ribbon scraps and a Making Memories buckle, but it just looked...wrong somehow. I changed ribbon colors a few times. This purple gingham seemed to work best with the felt scallop. I liked the softness of the textures and colors.
But, it was still...off. So I added two mulberry paper flowers to it and that seemed to be just what it needed!
Then I wanted to stamp onto the paper, but due to the bulk I only stamped part of the word "thinking" so had to write the rest by hand with a Sharpie! Such work, this card making hobby. I took a nap after all that!
PS - for another one of my vintage cards, see my post from yesterday. It's a TTS reveal and uses Graphic 45 papers!