Monday, February 15, 2010

365 Cards Day 352

Today is my day to show a sketch for the 365 Cards Seven Sketches Week! And you know I love to make sketches! So here you are...created just for 365 Cards...a Gloria Card Sketch! (No applause...just throw money...you'll see why in a sec!) To see a larger view, just click on the image.

For my card. I used Bazzill cardstock, naturally, and Basic Grey paper (Two Scoops). I cut the pink strip with a border punch and then added the velvet ribbon. I used my Spellbinders Nestie circles to cut the scallop and smooth circles, and a SU heart punch for the little heart.

The little image is a $1 stamp I found at Michael's. He's so cute! Ok, here is the reason why you need to throw money at me...I confess that I fell off my high horse and purchased....Copics! Yes, folks, the Copic-hater has fallen! I used my friend's Copics at my retreat and colored this little Cupid, and I was well and truly hooked! So, I came home and promptly ordered a nice selection of Copics. There...I am eating crow! Are y'all happy?! I am now broke! The Copic Fund will be set up shortly...

I am not sure which colors I used at the retreat, but the ones I have that would work are: E51, E21, R20 for the skin/cheeks; B00 to highlight the wings, than add Stickles; R85 for the diaper; E35 for the bow and arrow. I used SU cardstock and Memento ink for the image. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

I also wish to report that the page layout below won some praise for the brad challenge at Practical Scrappers this week. This is my Faith Sisters My Lifetime Story challenge about faith. I'm super happy to have it get some "high-fives"!


Check back tomorrow for my Christian Paper Crafts sketch. I created the next 7 weeks of sketches, so you have that to look forward to! I am also happy to report that I have finished my entry for the Spellbinders 2010 DT finals! I will get that in the mail to them on Tuesday. I can't show you until after Feb. 26th when they announce the winners. I love what I made, and only hope the judges do as well.

5 comments:

  1. Oh fabby stuff today! Congrats on the feature at PS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am going to start at the bottom and work my way up so you don't hit delete before reading all *giggle* i can't wait to see what you made for SB's DT! if they don't chose you they are NUTS IMHO!! ;)
    yea almost time for the tuesday sketch on CPC :) i look forward to them each week.
    congrats on the PS praise (luv the page)
    now you will see why i started at the end..... you WHAT!!!! that explains the earthquake i felt!! copics????? where are my tar and feathers LOL you know crow is not that bad tasting after the first few bites,is it? *snort*
    it is a super cute card and luv the image :) will stop now as i am laughing so hard i am crying and cant see to type LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading Rose's book, I'll keep mine short, can't wait to try your sketch. Love your card btw and the coloring is great! I'm afraid of copics {yikes!}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card & page are beautiful! How fun you got to use & enjoy the Copics, aren't they amazing markers?!?! Good luck on Spellbinders, it's an amazing company to design for!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute little stamp. I knew you would get hooked on Copics once you used them! LOL
    Sharon
    aka Celticrafter

    ReplyDelete