Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ASD March Card Kit - Final Reveal

You have hit the motherlode today, folks! I am revealing the last of the Apron Strings Designs March Card Kit! I made 8 cards and one project with the kit, and had goodies left over! Enjoy!

This card is made from the My Mind's Eye papers. I also made good use of my new Martha Stewart heart border punch, which my pal Jacquie gave me for my birthday! Thanks, Jac!

I also made a paper flower out of some pages of an old book. Book pages are not included in your kit, but everyone can find an old book. You can use the white pages of the telephone book if you have to! I sprayed my flower with glitter mist, naturally. ASD now has Maya Road mist in the Add-On section of the store! woot woot. To see my tutorial on making these yummy flowers, click here.

I used the Doodlebug papers for this next card. I love this paper line. It's just so yummy. I think of ice cream and cupcakes when I look at it. I really need to have a spool of that pink dot ribbon!

I made an embellie out of the Maya Road acrylic tag. I added sticker letters and some of the flower parts to make an accent for the card. When you are crafting on a budget, you don't have to sacrifice cute embellishments...you just have to get creative!

I used the Scenic Route goodness for this card. You get a sheet of cardstock stickers that match this paper, which means you have a lot of card making options.

I cracked up at this saying! I used to tease my younger brother when we were kids. I used to tell him that if he bit or cut his chocolate bunny, it would bleed! So he would never eat the bunny. Which meant I got my bunny and his! I don't think he cares for chocolate bunnies to this day! I know, but at least he has something to talk about in therapy!

I also made this very cute notepad holder with items from the kit. I had a 5.5x8 inch notepad cut in half, and then made a cardstock cover for it. I learned to make these from the Papertrey Ink ladies.

I used the PTI "Take Note" stamp set.

I even covered the ugly top of the notepad with a scrap of the Doodlebug paper! Janice, don't look, because this little beauty is part of your RAK package that's on it's way to you!

I have one more card to show you, plus a sketch I created just for ASD! That will be coming up soon!

2 comments:

  1. well they are all awesome! and i love the bunny sentiment ;) oh i am still waiting to be "approved" for PS so i can see your tut on the flowers. grrrr!!! OK now i am out of here as we are having the most beautiful weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More lovely cards! You are so creative. That flower looks good on any card!

    ReplyDelete