Thursday, January 13, 2011

CropStop Challenge #2

Howdy Bloggers! It's time for the CropStop Challenge! It's our second challenge! Over 30 people played in our very first challenge! The CT was so happy! Make sure you stop by on Friday to find out who won the prize and the Cream of the Crop Blinkie!

Challenge #2 is to use Stickles or other glitter glue on your project. I love Stickles, oddly enough. I don't like using glitter or glue, but when you combine them...I can handle it! Besides, Stickles is pretty mess-free, which is a plus for me! I gave myself a 2nd challenge, and that was to use the Tim Holtz Poison embossing folder for a Valentine card!

I created a 5x7 card, and used some My Mind's Eye damask paper for the background. Then, I embossed kraft cardstock and distressed it with Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany distress ink.

This is what the folder looks like. Totally NOT my thing with the skull on there...but...

I printed out "love potion #9" on a piece of scrap paper and glued it over the word "poison" on the folder. Then, I covered the skull with a rose and tag. How smart am I?! Right?!

I added some Diamond Stickles to the rose and the tag. Yum! It just goes to show you, that if you think out of the box, sometimes WAY out...you can get more bang for your crafty buck!

I hope you stop by the NEW CropStop Challenge Blog and play along this week. The Creative Team Call ends on the 15th, so if you are thinking of trying out, it's not too late!

I'm entering my card into:

Simply Create - Embossing
Tip Top Tuesday - Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Love this card has such a vintage feel to it . I have this folder so may have to CAS this if you don't mind to make my VD card for hubbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic way to adjust the creepy folder and have it turn into one awesome card girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job of disguising!! I love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So goooooooood to see you here with us at Simply Create!
    Awesome card, and I have this big smile looking at how you turned that folder into something totally different. Very creative!
    And the stickles on the rose and tag is the perfect touch. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you made this image yours! It turned out charming.
    Thank you for joining us this week at
    TopTipTuesday
    Hope to see you real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!  Hope to see you again next week!

    Hugs
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful way to change the folder! It was creative and poetic...love rather than poison :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful job, congrats on the top 3 over at SC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful job, congrats on the top 3 over at SC!!!

    ReplyDelete