Thursday, May 17, 2012

One Sketch, Two Ways - Graphic 45

Happy Thursday, Blogger peeps! I have a fun post for you today! (Make sure to read all the way to the bottom of the post...I have a big surprise for all of you who have been wanting me to start selling project kits!) 

Y'all know how I love sketches! I created one for you in a square format to be used in helping you create a page layout. But, I also made a card, showing you TWO WAYS to use ONE SKETCH!


Here is my 12x12 layout, using the Graphic 45 Kraft Reflections and Olde Curiosity Shoppe collections.



This photo is of my friend Beverly and me when we were at our girls' retreat the summer of 2011. We were checking out the scenery near Chicago and stopped for a photo shoot at this old mill. There were a lot of "out-takes" due to combing four giggling women and a very hot day, but we did manage a few nice photos. I chose a color scheme for this page layout based on colors that I know Beverly likes: summer colors!

To make this layout:

1.Spray Graphic 45 Kraft Reflections Express Yourself paper with Peacock Tattered Angels Chalkboard Glimmer Mist. Dip a round item (a lid or paper cup) into Gesso and stamp circles on the paper in a random pattern. Allow to dry.

2. Using sharp scissors or a craft knife, cut the center from the Express Yourself paper. Distress the edges with your fingers, rolling the paper and tearing it slightly. Place a sheet of Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Exquisite Motif paper behind the opening, creating a frame. Glue the papers together.

3. Trim the printed paper stack to 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches.


4. Using Bon Voyage and Antique Moss Decades Antiquing Ink, ink the edges of pale blue cardstock. Then using an edge distressing tool or sharp scissors, distress the edges of the cardstock. Attach the printed frame to the center of your cardstock.



5. Using ink and mist, color the naked chipboard (Imaginaruim Designs). Try mixing glimmer mist with Gesso to create your own "paint." Give the some of the chipboard shapes luster by buffing them with metallic rub-ons.

You can see the luster on the chipboard butterfly in this photo.

7. Use Gesso and metallic rub-ons to add color to the  Graphic 45 metal door plate.


8. Glue flowers and the chipboard items to your layout as shown, using the sketch for placement ideas.


9. Add subtitles and journaling with stickers. To create a hidden journaling card, die cut a long, tag shape from white cardstock. Ink the edges with blue and green ink. If desired, stamp a message on the one end of the journaling card and tuck it behind the photo.

10. You may wish to distress your photo edges with a scraper tool or a pair of sharp scissors.

I also made a card, using the sketch as my inspiration. The card is 5x5 inches.


I combined the Once Upon a Springtime and Olde Curiosity Shoppe papers. You would not think they work together, but they do. That's what I love about the Graphic 45 collections!


I really love this collection of flowers and "junk." It is sort of steampunk, meets junk shop, meets flower garden!


I find a lot of my items at an online store called Sky Blue Pink. They have lots of ephemera and other items that work well for this type of art. Their motto is: cool stuff for non-fancy prices.


I fussy cut some butterflies from the paper. They are a little rough, but that just adds to the charm, right?! Honestly, I need new reading glasses!

ETA: You can purchase the Graphic 45 Antiquing Inks HERE.

Before I sign off, I wanted to make sure to tell you that StopAndScrap now has the "kits" for my Altered Little Darlings box and mini album. They have ordered a small amount of the Graphic 45 supplies I used in the project! If they do well with this venture, you may see MORE of my project kits...and tutorials!

You can buy the "complete kit" or each item individually. Please note, if you buy the kit, you will get two sheets of each paper so that you may copy my project exactly.

For more information about the project, click HERE. I hope to have a PDF tutorial for you by next week! Going forward, StopAndScrap may be able to carry exclusive tutorials and kits of my Graphic 45 creations.



Keep in mind, StopAndScrap has ONLY the Graphic 45 products I used, not the little additions that I found in my stash.


Layout:
Graphic 45 Paper:
Olde Curiosity Shoppe: Exquisite Motif
Kraft Reflections: Express Yourself
Graphic 45 Staples:
Geometric Metal Door Plate and brads
Graphic 45 Stamps: Le Cirque Cling Stamps 1
Chipboard: Imaginarium Designs: Page corner, Butterflies, Clock, Title
Ink: Clearsnap: Colorbox: Archival: Wicked Black; Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Ink: Bon Voyage, Antique Moss; Mix'd Media Inx: Patina
Cardstock: American Crafts: Black, Blue
Flowers: Prima
Stickers: Prima
Die cuts: My Favorite Things Die-namics: Vertical Greetings
Mist: Tattered Angels: Chalkboard Glimmer Mist: Peacock; Glimmer Mist: Moonlight
Paint: Delta Ceramcoat: Gesso
Metallic Rub-Ons: Craft-T Products: Sky Blue, Silver Blue, Golden White
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape runner; glue

Card:
Graphic 45 8x8 Paper:
Olde Curiosity Shoppe: Exquisite Motif, Butterfly Specifics
Once Upon a Springtime: Enchanted Forest, Woodland Fantasy
Ink: Clearsnap: Colorbox: Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Ink: Antique Moss
Cardstock: American Crafts: Black
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon: Blue Topaz Diamond Satin
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Gear: 7 Gypsies
Clock and Light bulb: Sky Blue Pink
Border punch: Martha Stewart
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape runner; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; glue

7 comments:

  1. Swooning....you have me swooning. That is such a great layout! Love the colors you used...and that card!!!! Gonna have to keep this sketch handy. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Gloria...where does one find the G45 inks and Antiquing Kits????

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol steampunk meets junk shop!!!
    beautiful items girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning projects Gloria! Love them all!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layout- those butterflies are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love he layering of the door plate, the wheel, the butterflies, and the flowers together. Yummy! I know where you got those Prima flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is art.so beautiful.all the delicate touches and colors blend and pop so beautifully. thank you. you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete