Wednesday, September 26, 2012

TE Last Card Standing - Round Two!

 
Here we go! Round two of the Taylored Expressions Last Card Standing Contest! For the next round we had to:
 
1. create a NEW card
2. using at least one TE stamp
3. in the theme friendship
4. using at least two printed papers
5. using ribbon
 


We were supposed to think of "our very best friend" and make a card for her (or him). I have a lot of BFFs. All my friends are my BFF! So I made a feminine and sophisticated card that I would give to any and all of my friends!


I stamped a piece of paper with brown ink and the TE Hexagon Background stamp. I just purchased the background stamp a few weeks ago and this was the first time I inked it up. It stamps perfectly, as you can see! Amazing! Love it!


I have the TE Spring Tulips stamp set, which contains several friendship-themed sentiments! I stamped the tulips and colored them with Copics. I used one of the sentiments on the front of the card, and a second one on the inside.


To create this fabbie bow, I used three different ribbons and a button (tied with twine). Yum!


I found some velvet ric rac in my stash and added that as well. And this card needed some bling, so I added two tiny rhinestones! Oh, and in case the actual ribbon was not enough, I cut a few paper ribbons and added those. You cannot have too much ribbon!!

As for the printed paper, I mixed Authentique and My Mind's Eye. I found a few pads in my stash that have a similar color palette. I think I count 7 different prints. Yeah, I like me some printed paper!


Here is a peeky at the inside of the card.

Ok, I am still giddy over that hexagon stamp! I have so many ideas of how to use it!

And that is my entry for the next round of TE Last Card Standing! Check out my Splitcoaststampers Gallery HERE. Look for the keyword TEFRIENDSHIP to see all of the entries!

Cardstock: American Crafts Coffee, Copic Xpress It Blender Card White
Designer paper: Authentique Carefree; My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Howdy Doody
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Spring Tulips, Hexagon Background
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Peach Pastel; Copic Markers
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon Peach Double Faced Satin, Sheer Iridescent Peach; Fabric store: peach wired ribbon, velvet ric rac
Button: Buttons Galore and More
Rhinestones: My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy True Blue Bling
Die cuts: Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small, Classic Scalloped Ovals Small; My Favorite Things Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax
Tools: Bow Easy; Spellbinders Grand Calibur
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape runner; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Beacon Fabri-tac

3 comments:

  1. ooohhh, your card is scrumptious. The colors and the beautiful bow is a joy to look at. Good luck in the competition. It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you please make a tutorial for how to tie your bows:)
    I love the look of them on your cards, they're absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete