Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Inspired by Stamping Challenge #44

Inspired by Stamping offers an inspiration challenge every Thursday (actually, it posts at 8pm PT on Wednesday nights)! I am still waiting for my design team package to arrive in California....all the way from Australia! But, I played in the challenge anyway!


 I love that heart made of roses! So pretty! Here is my card.


I used two (or three) shades of pink and red for my card. I also tried to use paper that had roses printed on it. It's a whole lotta pink! I had intended to make a Valentine's Day card, but I also had it in my head to use the fancy tag shape for my sentiment. And, as "luck" would have it, none of my Valentine's Day messages would fit on the tag!

The pink doily that is peeking out on the bottom started out white. I rubbed on some pink chalk ink and colored that baby!


I love the red, pink, and white baker's twine! You cannot have too much baker's twine, I always say!


A dear friend gave me an early birthday gift the other night, so this card is for her. If she's peeking, I hope she acts surprised when she gets this in the mail. I suppose the fact that I actually MAIL a card is cause for surprise as well.

Basic rules of the challenge: Please use the colors in our photo as your main colors. Upload your card/project to your blog or online gallery and leave a link to your project using the linky widget at the bottom of the IBSIC Blog post. When uploading to online galleries please add IBSIC #44 to your post. (Each challenge is up for one week.)
 
At this time ALL products (stamps, paper, dies) are welcomed with our challenge. You do not have to incorporate an IBS stamp set or flowers.
 


Cardstock: American Crafts Pomegranate; Stampin' Up! Whisper White
Designer paper: Recollections Love
Ribbon and twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Die cuts: My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax and Layers; Spellbinders Fancy Tags
Stamps: My Favorite Things Gift Card Greetings II
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk Rouge; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Doily: Wilton
Adhesive: Scotch tape runner; Beacon Fabri-tac; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares 
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Another lovely card Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, all those shades work so well together. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love all those beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rose hard is beautiful...just like your card! I really like the pink doily!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the Queen of Sketches! And when's your birthday? Hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make pink, so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card -- love that ribbon~

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, love all the layers and all the pink. In my humble opinion you can never have too much pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:17 PM

    So beautiful Gloria! I love all the details and different DSP that you used too! Hugs, J

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card..wonderful use of the different patterned paper and sweet embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that 'thank you' card! It is so gorgeous!!!!! And..Happy Early Birthday to you!!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card, love all of the layers and the doily is perfect. I think you just rocked this weeks Inspired by Stamping Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the papers and colors here. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete