Part I - January, February, March
Part II - April, May, June
Part III - July, August, September
Part IV - October, November, December
Part V - Storage box
Each part is now available as a printable file. Click the links above.
You may decorate a pre-made box, or follow the directions below to create your own box from chipboard. The cards in this series are all 5 x 5 inches, therefore the finished box is approximately 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches.
1. For the box base, cut two chipboard pieces to 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches. Cut three pieces to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.
2. Paint all edges with white acrylic paint and allow to dry.
3. For the box lid cut one piece to 4 5/8 x 5 5/8 inches, two pieces to 2 1/8 x 5 5/8 inches, two pieces to 2 1/8 x 4 5/8 inches. (Please note: depending on the thickness of your chipboard you may have to adjust the size of your lid.)
4. Paint all edges with white paint and allow to dry.
5. Cover all sides of the chipboard pieces with paper. I used a combination of papers from the Graphic 45 Secret Garden and Place in Time Collections.
The base of the box will measure 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches, with a bottom and four sides. The lid will measure slightly larger and sit down over the top of the box.
7. Use elements from the Graphic 45 Place in Time and Secret Garden Collections to decorate your box as desired.
8. Use one of the Place in Time Chipboard elements and the Secret Garden Cardstock Stickers to create a label for the front of your box.
9. Use embossing enamel to alter on of the Graphic 45 Antique Metal Door Pull Staples and attach it to the lid as a handle.Create flowers from Secret Garden Cardstock flowers. I added flower centers and smaller flowers to my bouquet. I used Spellbinders rolled flower dies and Secret Garden paper to create the rolled rose centers.
(I will be creating a tutorial to show you how to make these flowers! Stay tuned!)
10. Add a few of the Place in Time March Cut-Aparts for extra decoration on the box top and around the rim of the lid.
Your box is now ready to fill with cards and envelopes!
I hope you enjoyed Part V of this card series. I hope to do more of this sort of thing in the future, so if you LOVED this series, please leave a comment telling me so.
If you have any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graphic 45 papers:
Place in Time: March Cut-Aparts paper, Chipboard Tags 1
Graphic 45 Staples: Ornate Metal Door Pull
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Stamens: craft store
Embossing enamel: Stampendous Shabby Blue
Ink: Tsukineko Brilliance Moonlight White
Paint: Martha Stewart Summer Linen
Die Cuts: Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One, Bitty Blossoms, Foliage
Pre-made flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Tools: Sizzix Big Shot; Fiskars postage edge scissors
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape; Aleene's Tacky Glue; Ranger Glossy Accents