Saturday, May 18, 2013

Color Challenge

One of my Inspired by Stamping design team duties is to play in two challenges per month. I get to pick the challenges and the stamps that I want to use. 

This week I chose to play along in the Designed to Color Challenge #12. I am a big fan of color challenges and of coloring! For this challenge I had to color an image and follow the color scheme below.


Not an easy color scheme by any stretch of my creative mind! I see peach, pale green, aqua, blue-green, deep purple or black, and pale purple. 


I chose to color flowers from the Spring Blossoms collection as my colored image. The style of one of the flowers in the set matched the flower in the inspiration photo, so I stamped a bunch using a masking technique. 

The hardest part was finding paper to match the rest of the color scheme! I decided to root through my bin of 6x6 Basic Grey pads and found a few that seemed to work. I ended up using papers from three different pads.


I colored my image with Copic markers to match the inspiration photo. Once the ink had dried, I used a white pen to put some dots on each bloom. Then, I cut the image out with a label die and sponged on some ink that matched the lightest blue in the scheme.


I chose a sentiment from the Big Notes III set for the inside of the card. I don't like making sympathy cards, but I always need them, so I try to make a few when I can. It is hard to know what sort of imagery will comfort someone. I hope that whomever gets this card will feel blessed by it.

For more inspiration:



Stamps: Inspired by Stamping Spring Blossoms, Big Notes III
Die cuts: Spellbinders Labels Four; My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax and Layers
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers ColorMates Heritage Black; Copic Xpress It White
Designer paper: Basic Grey Marrakech, Marjolaine, Kioshi
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black; Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Blue Lagoon
Markers: Copic alcohol markers; Sakura Gelly Roll white pen
Ribbon: unknown
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape runner; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Glue Dots adhesive dots

5 comments:

  1. I agree...that's a tough color challenge...not only are there different hues, there are different tones, too. Well played, Gloria! And I like the little bit of glittery goodness in the center of each flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gorgeous colors!!! But I agree, that they put creativity to test:) you did a great job though, will do my best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, fab job with the colour challenge! Thanks for linking up with DTC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:10 PM

    Great card and nice job with the colors! Thanks for joining the DTC challenge this month!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout and colour choice:-) Thankyou for joining us in the Designed to Color challenge:-)

    ReplyDelete