I have a Couture Creations project to share with you today. I have created a friendship card with some hand-made flowers. I make a lot of "every day" cards as you never know when you need to pull one out and mail it off in a hurry!
1. Create a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cream card.
2. Using the Fresh and Fun Nuevo embossing folder (Fresh and Fun Collection), emboss tan cardstock. Trim the cardstock to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 and attach to card front.
3. Trim cream cardstock to 1 x 4 1/8 inches and attach to the center of the card.
4. Trim printed paper (Graphic 45 A Ladies' Diary) to 3/8 x 4 inches and attach to the cream strip.
5. Stamp sentiment with brown ink onto cream cardstock. Line the Victorian Rectangle Nesting Die template over the stamped sentiment and tape down.
6. Cut and emboss.
7. Using the larger Ivy Doily Die (Fantasia Collection), cut and emboss white cardstock. You may need to use the Piercing Tool to remove some of the tiny bits from the die cut.
8. Use a Sponge Dauber and chalk ink to add color to the doily die cut. Attach the doily to the card as shown. Using Foam Mounting Tape, attach the sentiment, overlapping the doily.
9. Using the Scallop Circle Nesting Dies, cut 6 of the second smallest circle and 2 of the third smallest from printed paper. Lightly spray the circles with glimmer mist or water.
10. Crumple all the circles and allow them to dry. Once they are dry, gently unfold them.
11. To make each flower, stack two smaller circles together and poke a hole in the center with the Piercing Tool. Thread the floral stamen into the hole and glue. Place the circles onto another small circle and one large circle. Shape each layer to create a flower. Make two.
12. Glue the flowers on the left edge of the sentiment.
Thanks for joining me today!
To purchase the Couture Creations nesting dies or embossing folders, click HERE. Use coupon code SKGS-01 for 10% off ANYTHING in the CropStop store, including pre-orders and sale items. No minimum order!
Embossing Folder Nuevo
Victorian Rectangle Nesting Dies
Scallop Circle Nesting Dies
Ivy Doily Die Set
Couture Creations Tools Used:
Foam Mounting Tape
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers ColorMates Light Totally Tan, Medium Coffee Brown, Heritage White
Patterned paper: Graphic 45 A Ladies' Diary
Rubber stamps: Stampin' Up! Feel Goods
Stamping ink: Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Rose Coral
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Wet glue: Aleene's Tacky Glue
Flower stamens: Craft store