Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #72

It is time again for a Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge! The NEW Challenge is to make a project using the colors red, white, and blue, plus ribbon!


I love red, white, and blue! I also love the 4th of July and all things patriotic! I made a card, with a large, faux postage stamp. I love the stamped image of the children saluting the flag. I stamped them with white ink then embossed with white embossing powder. I trimmed the image with a postage stamp shaped die template. I stamped and embossed the "13 cents" image as well and added postage cancellation with watermark ink. 

I also dug into my stash and used a star embossing folder, and (it is a miracle) I used a new die template that I just purchased the other day: the starry circle! If that wasn't enough of a shock, did you notice that I used all SMOOTH cardstock?! I just got two huge boxes of lovely, smooth cardstock from WorldWin Papers. Oh boy!


I used some ribbon from the RRR May Ribbon Club, the Stitched Sheer Satin Ombre Red, to wrap around the card and tie a bow. I tied some Air Mail Baker's Twine through the holes in the button. I think I have every color of baker's twine that RRR sells. Love that stuff.


I had fun making this project. It makes my little ole patriotic heart go pitter pat! {grin}

Thanks for looking! Visit the RRR Blog to see the other entries...and to enter your own project!


Cardstock: WorldWin Papers ColorMates Smooth Light Berry Red, Deep Ocean Blue, Heritage White
Designer paper: Jillibean Soup Christmas Eve Chowder; Authentique Original
Stamps: Stampers Best My Country; Hampton Art/Jillibean Soup Irish Farm House Soup; Hampton Art/Graphic 45 A Ladies' Diary; Close to My Heart Vintage Post Card
Ink: Clearsnap Top Boss Watermark; Stampin' Up! Whisper White
Embossing powder: Hampton Art
Embossing folder: Cuttlebug Stars
Stickers: Authentique Glory Elements
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Die cuts: My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax and Layers, Postage Stamp Stax; Memory Box Starry Wreath
Button: unknown
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Glue Dots adhesive dots

6 comments:

  1. Makes my heart go pitter patter too. Love the red, white and blue. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome colors and layout! Love all the little details you added! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous patriotic card with fabulous details. Love the embossed stamping! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really, really, really like this one, Gloria. The colors are so vibrant, and the stamping is beautiful. I love how the postage stamp is coming out of the star garland...wow! And the flag banners are so pretty. Your love of country really shines here!

    ReplyDelete