It is mid-June, somehow! Seriously, where does the time go?! I have a Hampton Art project to share today. I created a collage card, where I have made the butterfly focal point image "pop" off the page by using embossing powder.
I enjoy collage art because I can pull out a bunch of stamps and just go crazy.
1. Make a black, top fold card 5 x 5 inches.
2. Trim designer paper 4 7/8 x 4 7/8 inches distress edges.
3. Wrap black satin ribbon around the designer paper and secure to the back. Attach the designer paper to the card front.
4. Trim black cardstock to 4 x 4 inches and attach to the center of the card, slipping the black cardstock under the ribbon.
5. Trim cream cardstock to 3 7/8 x 3 7/8 inches and stamp a variety of images in several ink colors. Cover the panel by stamping the images multiple times. Allow to dry. Distress paper edges.
6. In the center of the cream cardstock, stamp the butterfly image with Cranberry pigment ink. Emboss with red embossing powder. Attach the cream panel to the black center panel on the card front. Make sure to slide it under the ribbon as shown.
7. Using a strong, white glue, attach a metal key and several paper flowers to the right side of the ribbon as shown.
8. Add cream cardstock to the inside of the card. Stamp a sentiment with black ink.
Stamps: Hampton Art Stamps: 7 Gypsies: Vintage Bicycle (SC0503), Very Beautiful (SC0502), Ticket Stub (SP0681), Things I Love (SC0499), Time Pieces (SC0504), Distress Words (PS0680), Butterflies (IC0195)
Embossing Powder: Hampton Art Stamps Basics Red (EMV002)
Clearsnap Colorbox Archival Dye Wicked (SN27024M), Mudslide (SN27022M), Seattle Sky
Clearsnap Colorbox Pigment Cranberry (SN15025M)
Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Azurite, Rose Coral
Cardstock: Black, Cream
Designer paper: Carta Bella
Embellishments: black satin ribbon, paper flowers, key (7 Gypsies Key Set Antique Silver)
Tools: paper trimmer, scissors, craft mat; heat tool, edge distressing tool
Adhesive: tape runner, white glue, adhesive dots