Monday, July 15, 2013

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #76

It is time again for a Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge! The NEW Challenge is called Sizzlin' Summer Colors. Make a project with HOT summer colors , plus ribbon!

I am not sure what is going on, but I have had to do a lot of work with colors that are so far outside my "norm" that I think I may have to redefine normal!


I created a very sizzlin' project! Graphic 45 sent me a bunch of Bohemain Bazaar paper so that I could work on a make-n-take project for CHA and Scrapfest, and I have some left over. Ok, I have a lot left over! I am trying to use it while it is still new and interesting. {wink}

I created a gift card pocket on the front of the card. Oddly enough, the itunes gift card matched the colors perfectly!


Here is a view with the gift card taken out. I wrapped a bit of Hot Pink Diamond Satin around the top of the blue panel, and then I added a button tied with Blue Solid Baker's Twine.  The solid baker's twine is a bit like embroidery floss, but thicker. I love it! 


I used some Scor-tape along the bottom of the gift card pocket to attach some Turquoise Faux Canvas Ribbon to it. The pleating technique is such a simple, but lovely ribbon technique. The hot pink flower adds just the right touch!


I had to decorate the inside also! I wrapped more of the Hot Pink Diamond Satin around the inside, and added a small button and more twine.

Thanks for looking! Visit the RRR Blog to see the other entries...and to enter your own project!


Cardstock: WorldWin Papers Heritage Black; Stampin' Up Whisper White
Designer paper: Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar
Stamps: My Favorite Things Gift Card Greetings II; Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames #9
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Ribbon and twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Buttons: Buttons Galore and More
Flower: Wild Orchid Crafts
Die cuts: My Favorite Things Gift Card Pocket Horizontal; Sweet and Sassy Stamps Mini Tags
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG; Score-tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Glue Dots adhesive dots

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous design! You did a great job of using these bold, bright colors. I love the ruffle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:00 PM

    i love you work and I love you blog!!
    Kiss from Spain

    ReplyDelete