This month the CSW team is sharing creations using the Couture Creations Passion Embossing Folder. Here is what I made for you.
I am always on the hunt for NEW embossing folder techniques. Last week, my friend Jacquie shared THIS die cut inlay technique with me and I wanted to give it a try. My card is not as challenging to create as the one that Jacquie shared on her blog, but...I still got a great result.
To create the card follow these steps:
1. Make a 5x5 inch card from blue cardstock.
2. Trim green patterned paper slightly smaller than the card front and set aside.
3. Trim white cardstock to 5x7 inches (to fit the embossing folder).
4. Place small die cuts onto the front of the white cardstock and tape into place with repositionable tape. Die cut the white cardstock and set aside. (You won't need the die cut shapes. You want the cardstock piece with the "holes.")
5. Die cut the same shapes from dark blue and maroon cardstock. (I chose the Couture Creations Decorative dies from the Endless Dreams Collection: baby dove and magical butterfly.
6. Make sure that the die cut shapes fit into your holes on the white cardstock and that you can trim the cardstock to the correct size. Remove the shapes and set them aside.
7. Emboss the white cardstock with the Passion Embossing Folder. (If you wish, you can also emboss the die cut "inlays.")
8. Trim the white cardstock to slightly smaller than the green designer paper. Using maroon ink (Clearsnap Colorbox Archival Dark Cherry), buff the edges of the embossed paper.
9. Attach the white embossed cardstock to the green designer paper, then wrap a length of green seam binding around the panel and secure. Attach the panel to the card front.
10. Using a clear glue, place the colored die cut shapes into the holes in the embossed cardstock as shown. The die cut shapes are 'inlaid" with the embossed paper. Plus you can see the green designer paper peeking through!
12. Finish the card with a green bow made from seam binding. Attach a blue button and some twine to the top of the bow. Line your card with white cardstock.
For a twist on this folder:
I have created another project with this folder, using an ink technique. To see the tutorial, click HERE.
To see what the team has made, check here:
Thanks for looking!
Couture Creations products:
Embossing folder: Passion (Fine Designs Collection)
Die templates: Nesting Dies Square; Decorative Dies Endless Dreams baby dove, magical butterfly
Adhesive: Foam Mounting Tape, Double-sided tape
Tools: Scissors, Craft mat, Handheld Essentials, Precision Trimmer, Sponge Daubers
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers Premium White, CutMates Blue Potatoes, Grape Jelly
Designer paper: Echo Park For the Record 2 Documented
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Archival Dark Cherry
Stamp: Papertrey Ink Stylish Sentiments Birthday
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon (moss seam binding)
Twine: craft store
Adhesive: Aleene's Tacky Glue