Friday, September 13, 2013

Really Reasonable Ribbon September Blog Hop


Welcome! The September Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop starts at the RRR Blog!

You should be coming to my blog from Ginny's Blog. (For the complete blog list, scroll to the bottom of the post.)

Here is a peeky at the RRR September Ribbon Club. If you know me at all, you know that fall is my favorite season! And fall colors are my favorites! I love the brown, rust, cream, and tan in this Autumn Collection!


I love to create fall and Thanksgiving-themed cards! The colors are so warm and inviting. Here in southern California, we don't have crisp fall days, but....I still love to pretend that it is fall. {grin} I have been living here for over 8 years, but I still pine for autumn. We won't have any fall weather until sometime in December or January! {Talk to me in January, when most of the USA is in the deep freeze and I sing a far different tune!}



I combined 5 different paper companies and a host of other items to create this card! I love me some paper! 


The topping on the pumpkin pie is this fantastic bow! I tied two bows (with my trusty Bow Easy) and stacked them on top of each other. I used the the Tangerine Diamond Satin and Cappuccino Satin for my bows. 

I created a flower with some of the Chloe Natural Crochet Lace from the Ribbon Club Collection. To make the flower, you need about 5 inches of the lace and some thread. Sew a running stitch along the top of the lace and then pull it together and knot the thread. Easy! This time I pulled my lace so that the gathered part formed a tiny "rose" shape. I then glued the lace to the bows.


I used my new Stampin' Up stamps and dies for the sentiment. The stamps have a "weathered" look. Love!


 Lots of yummy layers. This one will need a special mailing envelope and extra postage!


Here is a peeky at the inside. Thanks for stopping by! 

Hop over to Cherry's Blog next!

Here is the RRR Blog Hop Order in case you get lost!

Judy
Heidi
Jenn

Misty
Ginny
Gloria - YOU ARE HERE!
Cherry
Heather
Tammy
Jeanne
Tracey
Cheryl
RRR Blog
Cardstock: WorldWin Papers ColorMates  Deep Coffee Brown, Light Totally Tan, Premium Ivory
Designer paper: Graphic 45 Place in Time November; Echo Park Reflections Fall; Kaisercraft Miss Empire; Simple Stories Harvest Lane; Farm House Market Square
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon September Ribbon Club
Die cuts: My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax and Layers, Postage Stamp Stax; Stampin' Up Sizzix Apothecary Accents; Papertrey Ink Banners
Stamps: Stampin' Up Harvest of Thanks; Gina K Designs (inside sentiment)
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Archival Mudslide
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape runner; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Beacon Fabri-tac

18 comments:

  1. The bow and lace topper is wonderful! Beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, it's the perfect color combination for the design papers! Loved it!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the card Gloria. We used the same image - great minds think alike!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it Gloria!! Great layers!! LOve the stampwork too!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! I love everything about it but most especially the inside sentiment. Guess I'm off to surf the web to see if I can find it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the nostalgic look & lace.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always inspired by your designs. This beautiful fall card is no exception. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this wonderful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!
    That bow and lace rosette are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful! love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FAbulous--love your choice of papers and your ribbon treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful -- it pays to be a paperholic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I adore the bows & the little crochet flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so pretty. If I made it wonder if I could actually give it away!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful layering and combining of all the different papers! Great fall colors! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the vintage, shabby feel of this card, the layers, and the colors! Great fall feel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That card is worth the extra postage. I love the way you stacked the bows and put the crochet flower on top and the little pennants on the inside are the icing on the cake.

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous card, Gloria. I love seeing the details!! Your bow combining the different ribbons and lace is so beautiful!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete