Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Saying Good-bye...

It is with a heavy heart that I must step down from my design spots with the Couture Creations DT (which includes leaving the CSW Distributors DT), and the Really Reasonable Ribbon DT. Health issues prevent me from keeping up with my work-load and, to be fair to the teams and the companies, I must step down. (RRR just announced the NEW team, HERE!)

I want to thank Couture Creations and the amazing Kerrie (our DT coordinator) for everything these past months. I have enjoyed working all the amazing products and have loved getting to know this fantastic team! I also thank Haylie Jo, owner of CSW Distributors (the US distributor of Couture Creations products). Haylie and I have worked together off and on since 2008, and I am sure we will again one day! The gals on that team are all friends and I am sure we will "see" each other often!

Here are a few of my favorite projects using Couture Creations products!


I used the NEW Dreamboat 3-in-1 Doilies Stamps to create my background. It is stamped and embossed with white embossing powder.


This is a fun ink and chalk technique. See how to make the card HERE. I used Rectangle Nesting Dies, Scallop Rectangle Nesting Dies, Roses Nesting Dies, and the Passion Embossing Folder.

This was a great way to use some Graphic 45 papers and give the card a French flair! HERE is the tutorial for this one. I used Rectangle Nesting Dies, Scallop Rectangle Nesting Dies, Ivy Doily Die, Key to My Heart Die, and the Large Hepburn Embossing Folder.

This one used the NEW Endless Embossing Folder and a "reverse emboss" technique. See the tutorial HERE. I also used Victorian Rectangles Nesting Dies.

It is so hard to say good-bye to Really Reasonable Ribbon. I started as a guest designer in 2010 and again in 2011, and then joined the team in 2011. I have loved every minute of creating with the fantastic ribbons. Bonnie (Mrs. RRR) has been a friend, supporter, and mentor to me over the past few years. I have enjoyed the girls on the team so much and will miss their chatter and "high jinks"! And yes, the ribbon is "really reasonable"! 

Here are a few of my favorite RRR creations! (It was hard to choose! I love ribbon and use it on pretty much EVERY project!)


I love the contrast between the dyed seam binding and the pleated satin. 
I love this pink and brown combo, especially the flower I made with the lace! 


I like to combine ribbon with twine. This is one of my favorite project with that technique. 


Here is one of my stacked bows. (Which are now easier to make with the Bow-it-All Tool.) I also added pleated ribbon and some twine. 

Here is a stacked bow with a lace flower. I am not much of a sewer, but I can do a running stitch which is all that is required to make the flower!


This is one of my favorites because of the lace and velvet ribbon! And the satin bow! The cream and tan colors remind me of sugar cookies. (grin)


Another stacked bow, this time in pink! With a button and some twine.


I created a rolled rose with some crinkle ribbon and some satin ribbon. This is an easy technique if you use those big Gluber glue dots.

Thank you to these fantastic teams for having me as part of the creative team! I am sad to go, but I know that for everything there is a season. 


12 comments:

  1. Oh Gloria, I'm so sorry to hear this, we will miss seeing your beautiful creations but your health is definitely more important. Take good care of yourself and keep us posted. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad that we won't be seeing your wonderful paper craft projects for a while - getting healthy is your first priority!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Gloria. Hopefully you will be back up and running sooner than you think. We will certainly miss you on the RRR design team. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to send you a box of new Kleenex because I am sure you cried a few tears sharing this post with us. I know all things work together for His Glory, so mind the doctor and take the time to heal. Big Hugs my friend, continuing to keep you lifted in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad that you have to leave all the teams you love so much. I am so sorry about your health problems and do hope it will all clear up for you soon. Absolutely loved all of these cards the first time round and it was lovely to see them all again. Please take care and get well soon Gloria. Sending love and prayers your way. God Bless. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure this was very tough for you! We will all miss your amazing projects and we look forward to seeing your blog posts saying how much better and healthier you feel. Take care of yourself and keep your chin up!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel for you Gloria. This post must have been hard. Continued prayers for healing. Your cards are so inspiring. Thank You for sharing. Chin up and keep your focus on getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gloria, I recently discoveted you and it was love at first sight with all you create. I am so sorry to see you go but your health is first priority. All of your fans will be waiting for you. I am sending you all of my best wishes and prayers for your good health to return. Take care dear
    Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gloria, I love your work and while your health problems are keeping you from time and team commitments, I'm hoping they won't keep you from your own fun on the blog.
    I've wanted to tell you for awhile now that I do love your quote from Proverbs. My mother died quite suddenly just less than 2 years ago. We found a card from my father to her on the occasion of their 50th anniversary, he had written 3 scriptural passages, Proverbs 31 was one of them (he had actually asked a granddaughter to write them because his handwriting had gotten so shaky, but he wrote the rest), his gratitude for God's blessings having given him such a wonderful wife for 50 years and his hopes for 50 more years. They made it 56 1/2 years. Dad is still with us, and every time I see your blog I remember that card, which we put on one of the posters of their life together. So thanks for that as well as your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, your comment made me cry! I am pleased that you have such wonderful memories of your parents! May God bless your dad as he continues on without his lovely wife!

      Delete
  11. So sad you can't be creating, but the important thing is for you to heal. Continued prayers for a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete