You still have time to make a Valentine! I love valentines. I have such fond memories of childhood Valentine's Day parties. My husband does not celebrate Valentine's Day, but I usually make him and the kids cards, and sometimes I give them candy. Here is a fancy card that I made for the WorldWin Papers Winter CHA booth.
I did a little step by step for you today.
1. Create a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch (top fold) card base from WorldWin Papers Treasures Pitch Black cardstock.
2. Trim two pieces of WorldWin Papers ColorMates Original Heritage White cardstock to slightly smaller than the card front and add a layer to the front and to the inside of the card (approximately 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 inches).
3. To create the pink layer, use WorldWin Papers Pink Twist cardstock. (The best way to describe Twist is to say it is mulberry paper that has been adhered to a medium weight cardstock. This makes the Twist cardstock perfect for embossing and die cutting!)
4. Emboss the Pink Twist with an embossing folder, then trim it to size and attach it to the card front (approximately 5 1/4 x 4 inches).
5. Using a die template, cut two decorative hearts, one from Silver Twist and one from White Twist cardstock. Stack the hearts together to create a focal embellishment.
6. Use foam dimensional adhesive to attach the heart to the center of the card as shown.
7. Use ColorMates Original Heritage White cardstock and a banner die cut template to cut a sentiment strip. Stamp the sentiment message onto the strip with black ink. Add two rhinestones for decoration. Attach the sentiment strip to the top center of the card.
8. Trim ColorMates Original Heritage White cardstock to approximately 3 x 4 1/8 inches. Trim the bottom edge with a heart edge punch. Trim to fit as needed.
9. Trim a strip of Silver Twist cardstock to fit the white strip (approximately 1 x 4 1/8 inches).
10. Trim a strip of Pink Twist cardstock to fit over the silver strip (approximately 1/2 x 4 1/8 inches).
11. Wrap the punched border panel with white ric rac as shown, and attach the panel to the bottom of the card.
12. Stamp a sentiment on the inside of the card with black ink.
13. Trim a strip of Pink Twist cardstock to fit the bottom of the card (approximately 1/2 x 4 1/8 inches).
And there you have it! A sweet and pretty card, suitable for Valentine's Day or an anniversary, or just a love not to your special someone! Hope on over and visit us on the WorldWin Papers Blog!
WorldWin Papers cardstock:
Treasures Pitch Black
ColorMates Originals Heritage White
Twist Pink, Silver, White
Stamps: My Favorite Things
Ink: Tsunkineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Die templates: Spellbinders Lace Hearts; My Favorite Things Sentiment Strips 2
Edge punch: Martha Stewart
Embossing folder: Couture Creations Cheerful
Gems: Couture Creations
Ric Rac: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares