I have a guest post on The Rubber Cafe blog today. I am once again working with the July Creative Cafe Kit, A Whole Water Fun. I created a cute gift card holder for you.
This little gift card holder is 3 x 4 1/4 inches and fits one standard-sized gift card. I made a belly band closure...showcasing the cute flamingo from the Fun in the Sun stamp set.
Here's how to create your own project!
1, Cut Bazzill Basics Tahitian Princess dot cardstock to 4 1/4 x 7 inches. Score on the long side at 2 and 5 inches. (All paper and cardstock used for the project, except the white, is from the July Creative Cafe Kit.)
2. Flip your paper so that the section with the 2-inch score line is at the top. This is the INSIDE of the gift card holder. Round all four corners. Use a 3/4 inch circle punch to punch a notch in the bottom left of the paper, as shown.
3. Trim the Popsicle paper from the 6x6 Echo Park Walking on Sunshine pad (from the kit) to 4 1/8 x 1 7/8 inches. Round the top two corners and attach the paper to the top flap of the gift card holder.
4. Trim another piece of Popsicle paper to 4 1/8 x 2 7/8 inches and attach to the center of the gift card holder.
5. Attach strong, self-adhesive tape to the left and right edges of the bottom flap. Fold the flap up to form a pocket.
6. Stamp the sentiment from the Fun in the Sun stamp set onto white cardstock and trim it out into a strip. Rub the edges with yellow ink. Attach the strip to the top, inside flap of the gift card holder.
7. Using alcohol markers, color a few of the Queen and Company Deco Dots blue. (The Deco Dots are in the kit.) Allow the ink to dry, then attach the Deco Dots to each end of the sentiment.
8. Using a pink alcohol marker, color the wood sunglasses from the Queen and Company Summer Woodies pack.(The wooden embellishments are in the kit.) Glue the sunglasses to the lower left edge of the pocket.
9. Close the top flap of the gift card holder. This becomes the front of the holder. Stamp another sentiment from the Fun in the Sun stamp set onto white cardstock. Rub the edges with yellow ink. Trim the cardstock into a strip and attach to the left side of the front flap, as shown.
10. To create the belly band closure, stamp the flamingo image from the Fun in the Sun stamp set onto white cardstock. Color as desired.
12. Trim a scallop oval from Bazzill Basics Daisy cardstock. Attach the image to the scallop shape with foam tape.
13. Trim a strip of Bazzill Basics Tahitian Princess dot cardstock to 1 x 8 inches.
14. Score at 2 5/8 and 5 5/8 inches. Fold the band over to create a 1 x 3 inch belly band. Wrap the band around the gift card holder and attach the ends at the back. (Make sure your band can slide on and off the gift card holder. You may need to adjust your sizing to make a good fit.)
15. Trim two pieces of the Popsicle paper from the 6x6 Echo Park Walking on Sunshine pad to 7/8 x 2 7/8 inches. Attach the pieces to the Tahitian Princess band, gluing one piece to the front of the belly band and one to the back.
16. Attach the flamingo image to the front of the band with foam tape.
17. Slip a gift card into the pocket! Slide the band in place!
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe Creative Cafe July Kit of the month Fun in the Sun
Paper: The Rubber Cafe Creative Cafe July Kit of the month Echo Park Walking on Sunshine 6x6 pad
Cardstock: The Rubber Cafe Creative Cafe July Kit of the month Bazzill Basics Daisy, Basics Bazzill Tahitian Princess; Copic Xpress It Blender Card White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Squeezed Lemonade
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Scor-tape; Scrap Happy Glue
Embellishments: Queen and Company wood shapes, deco dots from the kit
Tools: Spellbinders Standard Ovals Small, Classic Scalloped Ovals Large; My Favorite Things Die-namics Sentiment Strips 1 and 2; Stampin' Up circle punch; EK Success corner rounder